Project Blizz 88 quest

dukaine

as far as front seat stiff wrinkle,

that is basically a 1/2 inch wide piece of plastic that goes across the seat from side to side.

if you took the leather off the seat and looked at the under side you would see it.

it is sewn in to the leather. those 3 bumps are the plastic deformed due to heat possibly warped from

the sun magnified through the glass.

the seam closer to the upright back of the seat. Right side in pic you posted.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20140628_145030_207.jpg

Edited by importwarrior

So could j just remove that strip or what is a good way to fix it

I wonder if I take it off and use something to pull the plastic taunt then heat it with a heat gun if that would work

Edited by dukaine

• 2 weeks later...
motor is mostly together other then the jet valve elimination kit i forgot to get other than that a couple things need buttoning up got to put power steering lines in then drop in the motor. I am still going to check out a 1g housing to mount my mass air flow into so i can have a cone filter setup. Its coming along just not real fast right now.

be sure to flush all oil cooler lines and oil cooler real good.

metal particles tend to collect in them..

already did even though I didnt loose a motor to bearings i had a loose timing chain setup on my other engine and didnt have a complete bearing set to my shortblock when i got it but to be safe with the bad timing chain i did flush it out

Did you need a jet valve kit I have one I never used.

Actually yes i do need one pm me what you want for it shipped. Your not far from me so it shouldnt be bad shipping

• 2 weeks later...

Ok finally back at it. Been the gather parts game. I would think i have all the parts then find I need something else only to have to order that and wait but now i think I have pretty much all i need. I got the motor mostly together and dropped in and bolted down. Now Its just getting it all hooked up and then hope it fires again without mishap. Here is a shot how she sits today

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20140813_201457_294.jpg

Keep at it dude. Gotta get that thing running for next weekend!

That and my boss at work i think it getting irritated from my mini van leaking trans fluid in the parking lot lols so since this is going to be all redone ill drive that till i get my toyota going for winter. my mini van trans seal is starting to go. And my quest better not leak motor has a new complete gasket set and seals and new powersteering lines lol. I dont want any more marking territories!

Got the underneath pretty much done. Most of the electrical is hooked up alternator is in but i want to get a new belt before i actually tighten alternator down. Jetvalve elimination is done and valve cover is one. From here on it should go fairly fast. Going to need Speedy's help saturday though for sure if nothing else it takes 2 to bleed brakes. I hadnt bleed system since i put my master cylinder on it.Other things left other than motor that needs doing. I still need to paint hood Satin black and front rims need to be painted flat white to match the rears i had already done. Not totally sure if this will be final color or rims but I will be redoing paint on them this winter anyway since I will be replacing tires this year also.

Well its getting real close to being ready to fire. I am think i should be about to get it to the point of starting after i am done working at the yard tomarrow. I have most everything mounted now but I still got everything inbetween. Electrical is hooked up but still need to get the vaccum run plug wires few cooling lines and piping. Here is a pic of how it sits now.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae334/duko111/IMG_20140815_205445_166.jpg

Fun....................I got the engine all hooked up minus the radiator and i still got some exhaust work to do but I tried to start it last night and it wont crank. What color is the plug that goes on the starter? I am questioning myself on hooking it up right. But first thing is first today I am going to start by checking fuses. I noticed my fogs arnt working either but i am not positive if they work anyway. But its getting there

My car is still apart but D vernable and speedyquest over this last weekend have been inspiring me. I really like the stance of d vernables car and I he was kind enough to fill me in on how he did his so I can do his suspension setup on mine. Then I was telling speedy I was getting a old Ram 50 with the 4g64 wideblock and he told me about what i can do with that engine using a 2.0 crank and a 4g63 DOHC head. I work in a junkyard after my main job part time and I have access to lots of kias and hyundias which both have DOHCs that will work possible so i have to look through to see whats there and maybe I can eventually put together something interesting for my quest. But thats one of them things i can assemble over time. But the brainstorming has begun. Dam the addiction lol.

• 3 months later...

Update time.

Car is still sitting with trans out yet and I just got in on the D2 group buyout, and I am buying new bushings for the car. Also will be getting new ball joints and tie rods for this(anyone guy any preference for brand type here?) and I am looking to buy the wind splitter from moto 360 to protect my new air dam for mine and that these look pretty sweet helped make that decision. I also ended up getting some quality paint for free. I was mixed wrong for my work. Suppose to be gold but turned out more of a copper so I am going to peel my tires and paint my shps this coppery gold. Its nascon so it should work pretty well.