Speaker ?

vbrad511

I'm looking for a little more bass in my Ranger for behind the seats. There's not room for a box, so I was looking to upgrade in the factory 6x8 panels. Will I be better off with 6x8's or should I make an adapter and run 6.5's?

I'd love to go with 8's, but there's just not room.

I do have a decent set of 6x8's in the doors, and you're right, they sound great. I'm just looking for a little more kick for behind the seat. Got some Dynamat to line the compartments with too, just not sure what speakers to go with.

I'm looking for a little more bass in my Ranger for behind the seats. There's not room for a box, so I was looking to upgrade in the factory 6x8 panels. Will I be better off with 6x8's or should I make an adapter and run 6.5's?

I'd love to go with 8's, but there's just not room.

Check out "Aura "Bass Shakers....i ran a set in my last two trucks and after 12 yrs of thrashing them the amp finally blew-out...they ate pretty much designed for a pickup... Low profile so u mount under the seats and dont take away any room behind ur seats...its different bass than a woofer(tough to explain-- u got to hear them)they use a digital signal and have a huge weighted magnet and the signal pulse makes the magnet slam the bottom of the housing and produces the bass effect...if ur looking for good bass and take up no space they are the way to go...they sound great in the truck... If ur looking for peeps to hear ur bass from a half mile away then go big and forget about space saving...since i blew my amp a couple months ago i now run a 15" sub... 4 way 6x9 and 6" components in the front off a 5 channel amp...the sound is incredible now(better than bass shakers) but i cant put anything behind my seats anymore...

Gig out

You can look into slim or shallow mount subs, such as the Stereo Integrity BM MKIV 12" sub which has a 3.2" mounting depth and works in a 0.5ft^3 sealed enclosure.

I'd run some 7" or 8" mids in the 6x8 spot, seperate tweets and such to run a three or four way active setup with DSP and time alignment.