Mazda TPS adapter

I found a TPS from a late 90's 2.0L Mazda 626 at a local salvage yard. I've read that with a little bit of fabrication they can be good cheap replacements for the OEM version, so I'm gonna pick it up.

I know there is at least one vendor that sell nice adapter plates, but I'm on a tight budget right now.

Has anyone had any luck making an adapter or seen a good how-to guide?

I have the aftermarket kit that boostinmini sells. Whilenit looks like a simple piece... I cant see it being easy to make. Unless you have access to a machine shop to precisely drill out the holes or something, cant see it being easy.

For a cheap truly temporary solution, use a piece of plywood and sheet rock screws? Wood is easier to drill and cut than metal.

I ended up getting it done with a hacksaw, a belt sander, and some JB Weld. Ended up costing me $30 and about an hour of my time when it was all said and done. The only problem with this is that it ruins both units for their intended applications.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/dtownmikebrown/Starion/tps1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/dtownmikebrown/Starion/tps2.jpg

The Mazda TPS bolts up at a lot different angle than I originally thought. Luckily I caught it before the epoxy was set. I bolted up the flange that I cut off the original unit and turned it all the way counter-clockwise, then I lined up the Mazda unit with the tab on the TB and turned it counter-clockwise as far as it would go. Then I made a mark on each one to make sure I aligned them properly. Then I waited for the epoxy to finish hardening, soldered up the two wiring connectorrs, did the TPS/ISC reset, and it looks like it's good to go. Didn't solve the problem I'm having, but no more TPS error from the ECU so that's one more thing ruled out.