Parts & Advice Needed!

Squrlsquash

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Moved along on the project some since last post-

Trans is in, lots of electricals have been sorted out (hopefully)

I want to finish putting my new dash together so i can move on - but cant seem to find a pin-out or wiring diagram for the back of the instrument panel.

Need to find a 12V+ switched power, and tach signal to splice into for an integrated shift light behind the tacho - would start her up and poke around with a multimeter, but still a ways away from being able to do so.

Anyone have a pinout or know which of the screw terminals to tap?

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/Squrlsquash/IMG_7214_zps79d407ea.jpg

Edited by Squrlsquash

• 2 weeks later...

FIRST AND LAST POST ARE CURRENT ONLY

Looking for the following:

-ETACS - Working order

-4bolt CV Joints in working order (boot condition doesnt matter, joint condition does)

(individual or pair)

Prices shipped to 92130

• 2 months later...

Looking for:

-extra 4 and 6 bolt CV axles

-Front roll bar bushing mounts (metal band that bolts anti roll bar to the frame)

Not sure where to post dumb questions-

My indicators would light up then stay lit and i could watch volt meter drop quickly

Hazard flashers blinked but also made voltmeter drop on each click

I replaced flasher unit and now the indicators flash but drop voltage, they start blinking quickly then blink slower and slower

Is this dirty terminals? short? where should i start?

thanks

-Aaron

Looking for:

-extra 4 and 6 bolt CV axles

-Front roll bar bushing mounts (metal band that bolts anti roll bar to the frame)

Not sure where to post dumb questions-

My indicators would light up then stay lit and i could watch volt meter drop quickly

Hazard flashers blinked but also made voltmeter drop on each click

I replaced flasher unit and now the indicators flash but drop voltage, they start blinking quickly then blink slower and slower

Is this dirty terminals? short? where should i start?

thanks

-Aaron

If you go led on your bulbs and electronic flashers, the voltage drop will either go away or barely be any on the gauge. All those old fashioned bulbs draw a lot of amps. Lord knows these cars can use help in that area. The electronic flashers are silent and don't click, in case you prefer that. This has been the best non performance mod I've done to date. I don't have the answers regarding the stock setup to get working like new. I think I read a post that seemed like a lot more work and headache to get it all dialed back in than this mod.

I've heard of swapping to an el-12 flasher for the indicators, correct?

what do i switch the hazard flasher to?

and what bulbs do i swap in?

thanks

Both flashers will be the same. I think el-12 will work. It just has to be an electronic flasher with the correct pin outs. Bulbs are completely up to you. There are a bunch of brands out there. Just cross reference the bulb model (ex. 1197) with an led that replaces that same model. I think there is an entire list on the FAQ section. I went with Superbrightleds.com myself. I also matched the bulb color to the lense color fearing something strange looking if i went all white. Red for brakes & tails, amber for front signals and markers, clear for interior and reverse, and so on. You will probably have some sticker $ shock, but i say it was well worth it

i just need functioning indicators, what happens to the stock system? someone mentioned a thread on how to fix them?

I think so. I believe it had to do with ignition wiring. I can't find it. Maybe start a new topic asking specifically about that.

Found the first 10 amp dead, replaced and radio&interior lights work now

I am reading a .019 amp draw across the battery when nothing is turned on.

I unplugged all the positive cables except the one going to the starter and it continued to draw .019 amps

Any ideas?