Another burnt Starion...

BuickturboV6

SQC,

I wasn't sure where to really post this thread. However, I decided on the Newbie section as I will starting from square one(again).

It's a familiar story to those familiar with the StarQuest cars: engine fire. I've been toiling with what to do with this car for months. Rebuild?... 4g63?... After running the numbers on several builds weighing cost:performance goals, I finally settled on a force inducted LSx based v8.

Here is my cross-post from LS1tech.com:

http://ls1tech.com/f...s-together.html

I can see there are already two LSx builds on-going in the Hybrids sub-forum. I hope to also contribute to keeping these cars alive(even bastardized).

Edited by BuickturboV6

Well alright! There will be a fleet of LS based Starquests eventually. And a 5.3 is an excellent choice btw. I'm going 5.3 (Iron) myself. Power-adder next year. Would be nice to see a build thread in the Engine Swappers section.

-Dan

Dan,

Are you going T56? After weighing my options, I think I'm leaning more towards the Nissan RS5R30A (Z32) 5spd. It's every bit as beefy and about 1/4 the price of a T56. Clearly an adapter plate will be needed, but I don't think I'll have to cut the trans-tunnel (eyeballing at this point). The 300ZX guys seem to be happy with them.

Edited by BuickturboV6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...