S/Q owner since 1993

Jay40245

It was love at first sight. I'll never forget the first time I slid behind the wheel. The dash lit up like Knight Rider (the Trans Am version). Michael Knight could've been talking about the SQ's when he uttered, 'what the hell is this, Darth Vader's bathroom??' So many lights and buttons set against the gleaming black leather. I was awestruck. The fender bulges under that gleaming Fiji finish and the rake of the cars stance let you know right away that this car was serious. I remember thinking, 'what in the hell are those louvers behind the door for? Does this thing double as a space ship??' Then I fired up the motor and was greeted by the sweet whistle of my new best friend, Mr. turbo.

That's what it's all about. This often misunderstood and at times frustrating, beautiful, complicated machine, born of Japanese wizardry and finessed with American flair. It's a love or an obsession. I digress. Long time lurker (like 15 years), first time poster. I wrapped my quest around a phone pole (Jason Kolda style) on Thanksgiving, 1997. It's been holding down the concrete of all my subsequent garages ever since. It's been my intention to resurrect it, but life has a way of getting in the way. I never saw the point in posting anything since I had nothing useful to contribute. But after a while lurking starts to feel like stalking. So, hi everyone! The body of knowledge that has been accumulated on this site is truly impressive.

Beat you both, Bought new in 87. Welcome sit back and relax,

So ur an old fart like me then. Lol...i know Caliber308 owned his car for 20 plus years and i think Starfighter bought his new also along with many others on this site im sure...starquests forever guys. :)

Gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...