finders keepers

v8starion

There is a down side to that you register it as a 240 but it's a skyline and if it was involved

in a accident or totaled you'd get 240 money and not skyline paper? What happens when you take the vin to

DMV and it comes up skyline when entered into there data base for the registration?

It won't come up as a skyline. The car was never offered in the u.s. market so it's not in any computer database. If anything it would come up as "other".

Sorry I pulled the pics he doesnt want anybody to come knockin.

Should advise your friend to look into putting a lien on that thing. It's a legit way to take legal possession. Yes I know, it's not a USDM car. But don't hurt to look into it.

I thought that if it was aquired through a forecloser that all content and property was the new

owners. Man i might be wrong but it don't hurt to try and see the out come.

You are correct. Even if say someone was to leave his/her car in your property, commercial or residential. You can place a lien on the car, registered owner gets notification from DMV and has certain time to respond, pay the amount due on the lien and recover his/ her car. If they don't respond, vehicle is legally yours, DMV will mail you the lien title for you to register the car.

I thought that if it was aquired through a forecloser that all content and property was the new

owners. Man i might be wrong but it don't hurt to try and see the out come.

I work for a house"flipper" company here in Vegas , we've had our fair share of left behind cars , trucks etc left behind and some cool one's at that ,for instance our trash out guy got a 71 El camino , our painter a 69 GMC long bed truck to mention two , 30 daysi is the time limit here in Nevada for the owner to claim and remove after that it goes to the new property owner , iv'e only seen a car claimed and removed twice in the 8 years iv'e worked for this company , what Louswheel told you is correct and the way to go and i would keep this AMAZING find under wraps till you go through the process. . :)

No, $20k driving. That's about what driving R32's have sold down here in SE

We have a guy in our "Japanese classic car show homie group" with a black R32 , he bought it off a girl in Utah and paid $26 gees for it , low miles and what a beautiful car in every way , it's registered and on the road under classic plates so my guess it can be done. :)

We have a guy in our "Japanese classic car show homie group" with a black R32 , he bought it off a girl in Utah and paid $26 gees for it , low miles and what a beautiful car in every way , it's registered and on the road under classic plates so my guess it can be done. :)

Strange. Sept 1988 was when the first GT-R32 was made. Anywho, Canada has a 15 year import law, and bringing them into the US is really a grey market area. Hell, there's a '33 GTS-T GT-R clone running around Atlanta. There's also an R34 in the area ( well I think its a GTS-T as well, Florida tags ). Also have a 2010 Ford Focus RS with mexican plates.

25 years is the new age for "classic" plates here in Nv now , all the local SQ homeez are running them now , i can ask our Skyline bud how he did it and pass on the info to these guys here

My friends Skyline is registered with regular plates, he can daily drivenit without any issues. Cali plates.

It's his second Skyline that I know of. Not to mention a Sylvia. He's got Cali plates on that as well, both cars are right hand drive.

Liens are 30 days in most states. It's 30 days here in California. I've liened a few cars myself. It's cheap.