1989 white conquest tsi shp big price drop

R Heller

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the Starquest community would stop be so cheap. This car in my opinion is worth every bit he is asking. Until we start valuing a well kept car and their uniqueness it will keep the value and rarity on the low and not so interested side for the market. Good luck with the sale and don't give it a way anyone who value a clean Starquest will pay what you are asking. The problem is too often Starquest seekers are looking for some one in budget squeeze to take advantage, we all know what it take to keep these car running in excellent condition.

In my experience the worst place to try and get big money for a vehicle is on the brand forum for it. I see this on the older bikes I have- the people there know the product more so than the average buyer, and tend to be lowballers since they have often spent their money on their own brand product. Bikes I've seen sell for over $2K on eBay rarely get far over $1K on the forum.

The alternatives are generally eBay or Craigslist, but then you deal with every flake known to man- and some that are as yet unknown.

I wish the Starquest community would stop be so cheap. This car in my opinion is worth every bit he is asking. Until we start valuing a well kept car and their uniqueness it will keep the value and rarity on the low and not so interested side for the market. Good luck with the sale and don't give it a way anyone who value a clean Starquest will pay what you are asking. The problem is too often Starquest seekers are looking for some one in budget squeeze to take advantage, we all know what it take to keep these car running in excellent condition.

I totally agree!!! I've said it many times over...

This car is amazing!!!!!!! It was my father's for a very short period of time, and he wishes he could have kept it. Sure, we looked a long time to find one in the condition this car is in...but fate works in misterious ways sometimes.

We sold the car to him for more than what he's asking right now......and I know he tunned up the car to its full potential. Solid beautiful car I tell ya!

Edited by dmdvzla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Drove my neighbors 87 Conquest and now I am looking to maybe buy my first one. As a newbee I read in the Starquest Newbee Owners section to not go over factory spec of 10lbs for the turbo (maybe up to 14 for a short time on a sound engine). You are showing a bigger turbo with 22lbs. Is that ever going to be an issue? or only if it's mis-used? Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I am learning as I look. Thanks!