Hickory NC- '88 Conquest- $700, Looks like a steal!

http://hickory.craig...3948763742.html

It's been in a garage for the last 4 years. It was driven daily when I parked it. The body is in good condition with no rust. I removed the A/C compressor years ago, and the rest of the car is stock. The car needs to be towed. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks 105000 miles.

http://images.craigslist.org/00J0J_3sLNDOrscIs_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00X0X_5yCAGWxWA47_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00X0X_7EvkidlCFiz_600x450.jpg

Darn, should've picked that up last weekend while I was in Fayetteville :)

I'd pick it up in a heartbeat, if I didn't just grab a different one yesterday.

-N8

I email the guy...

Told him I am interested...

He told me $xxx...

I agree...

I sent him my information to call me in person and gave him my fax number so he can fax me a copy of the title to know if is on hand so that we can start the purchase process...he didnt call...

He said "why?"

I said: "We need to exchange information plus you sent me the wrong vin number ... verify the letters or numbers...

And now

This..."Sorry, but I need someone physically here to meet with a notary, and collect the money. I've never sold a car out of state, and do not know the process. Thanks"

in short i reply : " .....Thats why i giving you my number to call and/or fax to reach me and exchange information because I am serious.....at least be open minded to learn the process and make it work."

This is just the shorter version...

he never call me

Really aggravates me dealing with someone like that

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

Reminds me of the Gold Starion I was gonna buy a few months ago. The guy told me (after I drove 1.5 hrs to look at it) his girlfriend accepted a check from someone. He wasn't sure if it was for this car or not, but I seem more interested than him, but it wouldn't be fair to just let me have it for the full asking price of $750. After all, he has over 1.5 mil in the bank because of properties he sold so it wasn't about the money.

He said "Call me around pm and I'll let you know". I called for 3 days/nights straight, no answer and someone on here said it was re-listed on CL for over $1000.

I hate douchebags!

I feel for you man, but hopefully something changes and you can still pick it up... looks like a good deal (especially for an auto :))

-N8

Edited by natallica

now he replies: " I have local people interested in it. I am not a dealer, i just wanted out of my yard. Thanks for your interest"

this is what i reply:

Yea but I wanted to buy it.

I am not a dealer either.

Really aggravates me to go through this without even talking.

When I buy a car and is out of the states I need to know everything.

What's wrong with that?

I send you the money....

The transportation company schedules a pick up day...

And you send me the title with the company or by mail!!!!!

Really aggravates me because this happened a few years back twice and to get the car to me was a hassle just because they made it complicated.

Thanks for giving me the chance to buy it <----- i did that in a sarcastic way on purpose

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

now he replies:

"if you can get a person here to NC to deal with me, ill sell it to you. If you use craigslist, then you know how many scams are on here. I am just protecting my self"

I reply:

"this is why i gave you my number!

and my fax number!

you only have my email!

scammers usually give you the run around about been over seas........or the agent will pick up the ITEM.......or give you a bad Money Order....or someone in their family die......why do i have to keep persuading you and convince you i am not a scammer? How can i convince you i am not a scammer? well, HOW DO I KNOW YOU ARE NOT A SCAMMER?

Well, first thing we exchange info and we talk on the phone....

thats why i told you to CALL ME"

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

Now he said:

"....For the trouble doing it it your way, Ill add $300 to the final price. ill photo anything and give you my name and address or anything else. if you cant do this, please dont contact me again."

I AM DONE with this guy :mad:

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

Now he said:

"....For the trouble doing it it your way, Ill add $300 to the final price. ill photo anything and give you my name and address or anything else. if you cant do this, please dont contact me again."

I AM DONE with this guy :mad:

& what took you this long to be done w/ him/them/they/it? GL find'n another. I'm sure something will come along. It's usually not worth the time & aggravation when it's this much trouble! ;)

It sounds like the seller is "the scammer" in this case.......!......adding $300??? what a douche!.....hope he feels so desperate after "not being able to sale it locally" that he has to drop the price $300...to $400.

If he doesn't trust Craigslist....why post it there in the first place???....just buy a for sale sign and put it on the window if all you want is a person to person type of deal...

Edited by dmdvzla

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree with the frustration. CL seems to attract stupid people NOT trying to sell things- crappy pictures, little to no info, and never any replies to inquiries. Why bother listing the car? WIth a specialized car (or in my case more often bikes) it is impossible to find one locally, so the seller either sells to an out of area buyer or it doesn't sell. What I usually do with bikes is get a local forum member to check it over & pay them for their gas/time. I've bought bikes in North Carolina, Colorado, and Iowa, and had a few looked over that I didn't buy.

I'm sure another will come along, and I see this ad was deleted, so I guess someone bought it or it was in fact a scam.

I doubt it was a scam it is just a lot of these guys do not know how or want to fool with the hassle of trying to ship or get money orders on the car. They want a cash in hand buyer on their doorstep and I can understand that. Optimus frustration is the exact thing that has happened to me on 3 or 4 conquests. I have bought a lot more expensive cars than a Starquest but it is such a hassle that I only look at cars less than 500 miles from me that I can hop on a plane and go see in person. Half the Conquests I have called on have not even had a title for the freaking car.

its unfortunate the guy gave you a run-around about the car, thats kind of a jerk move to do on his part especially raising the price on you for the 'hassle', but i would not accept a money order on a car like this. its just a conquest, if you really want that one in particular you drive or fly to go see it. when i was looking for the one i have now i drove 8-9 hours just to go LOOK AT IT, then drove back the next day to buy it and tow it home. he also dropped the price 1200 (2 grand to 800) because i was the only one that came out to see it. i would not blame the seller for being this way, hell even said he wanted someone in person and you kept after him, leave people like this alone, let him sell it for 300 to a kid thats gonna destroy it. its a lot of hassle for just 800 bucks, now 6 to xx grand i would be willing to work with someone out of state and im sure most others would be.

just my opinion, clow

Totally agree with the frustration. CL seems to attract stupid people NOT trying to sell things- crappy pictures, little to no info, and never any replies to inquiries. Why bother listing the car? WIth a specialized car (or in my case more often bikes) it is impossible to find one locally, so the seller either sells to an out of area buyer or it doesn't sell. What I usually do with bikes is get a local forum member to check it over & pay them for their gas/time. I've bought bikes in North Carolina, Colorado, and Iowa, and had a few looked over that I didn't buy.

I'm sure another will come along, and I see this ad was deleted, so I guess someone bought it or it was in fact a scam.

this guy has the right idea ^ have someone credible go look at it for you and pay them for there time. i would do that for someone in a heart beat.