1987 Conquest for sale-non running project

NudeLobster

hey guys....I haven't really been on here at all in the past year. The quest hasn't run reliably in a long while and had to sit waiting at home while I was at school for the year. Now This summer I got the car running, driving, and then it shut off on me. It was idling to warm up and just died like I pulled the key. no shaking, sputtering, anything. It starts up but dies instantly. It just does the initial rev up. It has 40psi fuel, spark, all timing is correct... I think its electrical in the idle control system. Either way, I need a reliable car to get me to work for my internship next month as well as back and forth to/at school. Thus, this girl needs to go.

The suspension has been restored, sandblasted, por15'd, color coated, and rebuilt with all new OEM hardware, poly bushings, MK1 strut braces (both), D2 coilovers, SHP 9 rears, 7 fronts, drilled and slotted rotors, SS brake lines, toyo proxes 4 tires with 40% tread left. .

Engine has a fresh stock rebuild, all new rings and seals, no overbore. 4x miles on it. Brand new NJV m28 head, SS OS valves, Ti retainers and springs, hydraulic rockers, custom groundcam, new 52mm intake and TB, LSP 650/850 injectors, MSD 6AL ignition, 88/89 ecu, synapse DV valve, *DM 2.25 IC piping, *DM 4" IC, stock ported andstress releived manifold, ported hotside, 14g turbo, Mk1 3" DP, MK1 2.5 DP back with SLP powerflo muffer, AEM truboost, AEM EUGO, 3" GM MAF, MAF-T gen 2, bosch 044 pump, Comp Clutch stage 4clutch and 15lb flywheel.

also has oldschool kenwood double DIN radio, 5 toggle switch pannel, blox gold shift knob, MOMO competition wheel. 89 auto down window switch. old school HKS turbo timer. MK1 short shifter. H4 headlights, 55w fogs, 83 tails.

Also an endless list of basic maintence stuff like sensors, hoses, wires, etc. Rebuilt distributor, new vac advance, belts, fluids, everything.

I think there may be stuff I'm missing too.

only issues are rust. I found the PO filled rust holes in the frame rails with bondo. Cleaned em out, grinding them clean, and I have one patched and boxed it with seam and plug welded 16ga steel. I have the patches pre cut for the other rail, just needs to be welded on.

I'm asking for 4k obo. once you fix its current problem, break in the motor, and then properly tune the MAFT, This thing will rape. It breaks loose on my driveway on a rough tune just taking off. I really wish I had time, but the real world is catching up to me and I can't be bumming off my dad's truck anymore :(

pics:

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/pocketrocket1331/library/my%20quest?sort=3&page=1

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/pocketrocket1331/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

Located in Downers Grove, IL. A western suburb of chicago.

post-16830-0-44406000-1374203382_thumb.jpg

that was happening to me on my car but what mine was was a bad 1g MAS. the computer has a default circuit to get it to start, but then needs the signal from a MAS, or in your case the MAFT, to stay running. try that maybe? good luck on the sale

hey guys....I haven't really been on here at all in the past year. The quest hasn't run reliably in a long while and had to sit waiting at home while I was at school for the year. Now This summer I got the car running, driving, and then it shut off on me. It was idling to warm up and just died like I pulled the key. no shaking, sputtering, anything. It starts up but dies instantly. It just does the initial rev up. It has 40psi fuel, spark, all timing is correct... I think its electrical in the idle control system. Either way, I need a reliable car to get me to work for my internship next month as well as back and forth to/at school. Thus, this girl needs to go.

The suspension has been restored, sandblasted, por15'd, color coated, and rebuilt with all new OEM hardware, poly bushings, MK1 strut braces (both), D2 coilovers, SHP 9 rears, 7 fronts, drilled and slotted rotors, SS brake lines, toyo proxes 4 tires with 40% tread left. .

Engine has a fresh stock rebuild, all new rings and seals, no overbore. 4x miles on it. Brand new NJV m28 head, SS OS valves, Ti retainers and springs, hydraulic rockers, custom groundcam, new 52mm intake and TB, LSP 650/850 injectors, MSD 6AL ignition, 88/89 ecu, synapse DV valve, *DM 2.25 IC piping, *DM 4" IC, stock ported andstress releived manifold, ported hotside, 14g turbo, Mk1 3" DP, MK1 2.5 DP back with SLP powerflo muffer, AEM truboost, AEM EUGO, 3" GM MAF, MAF-T gen 2, bosch 044 pump, Comp Clutch stage 4clutch and 15lb flywheel.

also has oldschool kenwood double DIN radio, 5 toggle switch pannel, blox gold shift knob, MOMO competition wheel. 89 auto down window switch. old school HKS turbo timer. MK1 short shifter. H4 headlights, 55w fogs, 83 tails.

Also an endless list of basic maintence stuff like sensors, hoses, wires, etc. Rebuilt distributor, new vac advance, belts, fluids, everything.

I think there may be stuff I'm missing too.

only issues are rust. I found the PO filled rust holes in the frame rails with bondo. Cleaned em out, grinding them clean, and I have one patched and boxed it with seam and plug welded 16ga steel. I have the patches pre cut for the other rail, just needs to be welded on.

I'm asking for 4k obo. once you fix its current problem, break in the motor, and then properly tune the MAFT, This thing will rape. It breaks loose on my driveway on a rough tune just taking off. I really wish I had time, but the real world is catching up to me and I can't be bumming off my dad's truck anymore :(

pics:

http://s213.photobuc...t?sort=3&page=1

http://s213.photobuc...s?sort=3&page=1

Located in Downers Grove, IL. A western suburb of chicago.

Man, you come back only to leave. Sorry to hear you have to let her go. I'll miss your quote signature.

• 2 weeks later...

that was happening to me on my car but what mine was was a bad 1g MAS. the computer has a default circuit to get it to start, but then needs the signal from a MAS, or in your case the MAFT, to stay running. try that maybe? good luck on the sale

Good point, the problem may be a simple as a bad connection on the air flow wire to and from the maft 2. I have heard of them forgetting there settings as well.