How to fix oil pressure guages?

Jody1

So the stock oil pressure guage hasn't worked since the FIP MPI install and motor rebuild.

I have tried new sending units but that doesn't work.

1. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I want to install another guage/sending unit in the timing chain cover port. But I seem to remember that the threads for this port are uncommon, and I don't want to pull everything to retap the port. Or risk shavings in the motor.

2. Does anyone know how to utilize the timing chain cover oil pressure port without retapping? Maybe a fitting? Maybe the thread pitch and a place to get the correct guage/sending unit? Or maybe just a secondary guage for the engine bay, if I could get the stock guage to operate?

Thanks

I have a flatty and the factory electric gauge is slow even with a new sender so I removed the sender screwed in a T piece and hooked up a mechanical gauge to one side and the sender to the other and rely solely on the mechanical gauge which is in a pod on the A pillar.

check the wire to the sender for a pulseing voltage signal,, do not use a test lamp use a volt meter .

if no voltage is found with key on,, remove cluster and check for plastic circurt board damage

there is a instrument voltage limiter mounted with the gas gauge , it takes 12 volt batt signal and drops it to 6-7 volts to operate the gauges , you can install an external voltage limiter to replace it