Just Plain WRONG!!!!

Ofromda860

i read the article , so sad but guess what car thieves dont respect who you are she is just one of the many victims, who knows a car like that should be under tight lock n key could b an inside jobhttp://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o538/nycain/IMG_20121113_125048.jpg

lol, whatever man. She shouldn't be driving her modded supra that is all over the internet to overnight parties where it'd be easy to take. Should have been in a garage if she didn't want it stolen. It's too bad, but this is the only thing the criminals could have done because the car is so well known.

Someone who's dumb enough to steal and chop such a high profile car is dumb enough to get caught.

Even if it was sitting outside a club, that doesn't give someone the right to steal it.

She didn't deserve to have it stolen, no one deserves that. But I saw that the car was in a "more vulnerable" location, I would say. I think if someone is going to steal a car, they will steal it. I bet no one on this site has a tracking device in their car, so it would just be gone, like this one was. The only protection is to lock it up at home every night.

Yeah, there are safer spots than others to keep really nice cars. I heard something about the car being broke and getting left at a friend's house that was close, but not the best area. Then again, I've heard about 5 different stories about how this car was stolen so who knows.

Like Technology said, if someone wants a car, they're gonna steal it. My dad's first Starion was stolen right out of the service center at Beaman Mitsubishi in Nashville, TN. It was up on the lift and everything. They found the keys, got it off the lift, and off they went.

In a few years it will only matter to older cars. Soon they'll all come standard with some sort of OnStar like system that will be able to disable and find the vehicles once they're stolen. Can you imagine how much money and time that will save insurance-wise by being able to recover most stolen vehicles in minutes, and not days or weeks...or ever?

There's a few Formula Drift professional drivers who have had their race cars stolen, trailor and all. My friend had his Skyline stolen right out of his shop, locks and all. The thieves neighbor snitched when they saw him stripping a car that was waay too nice for him to even have his hands on.

Sucks, thieves don't care.

on star , thats simple , simply place a cell phone inside the car some place out of the way, make sure it has a self rechargeing sys,

bingo you have a traceable device, the cars location can always be known ;)

too bad it won't work on wives/ girl friends ......... no power source to recharge the phn with :)

on star , thats simple , simply place a cell phone inside the car some place out of the way, make sure it has a self rechargeing sys,

too bad it won't work on wives/ girl friends ......... no power source to recharge the phn with :)

LOVE the wife/GF comment.

I have a few friends that leave their phone hidden and charging in the car overnight for a GPS system "just in case".

Every little bit helps, but what I like about the OnStar. LoJack, etc, is that the car can be not only located, but disabled as soon as it's reported stolen.

Do tell where you would insert this cell phone tracking device on the misses? :lol:

Do tell where you would insert this cell phone tracking device on the misses? :lol:

Got to it before I did, lol... Man they would be begging me to take my wife back, lol! No reciept, no exchange! :)