Mil-Spec 2Ga Negative Battery Cables GP Feeler

88CUSTARIN

Hey SQC!

Well, as it turns out (most of you probably knew) the Neg Battery Cable is NLA from Mitsubishi. So I was planning on making my own Neg Cable, but seeing as I can only get the necessary Flag Ring Terminals in packs of 5, I thought hey why not offer some to SQC? Rather then deal with that ripoff artist PQ who charges $65 for his WITHOUT SHIPPING, I'm planning on offering these for $50 SHIPPING INCLUDED!!

The Negative Cables will come with:

2Ga MIL-Spec Fine Stranded Tin-coated Copper Wire, with a temperature rating of 257F. Insulation is abrasion, salt, and chemical resistant! Flame Retardant so if your SQ turns into a rolling ball of flame, you can pull the cable off and reuse it!! MAKE A BELT OUT OF IT!!

2Ga Tin-Coated Copper 3/8" Fusion Lug, up to 70% stronger connection then traditional crimp and solder style lugs for maximum conductivity and vibration/corrosion resistance!! SUPER POTENTIAL!!

2Ga Tin-Coated Copper 1/4" Flag Ring Terminal, 90 Degree for easy attachment to your chassis apron!! FLEXIBLE LIKE A STRIPPER!!

2Ga Tin-Coated Copper Fusion Negative Battery Terminal, just like the Fusion Lug, will provide superior conductivity/vibration/corrosion resistance, put it in a wood chipper and it'll come out sparkling!! LIKE CHUCK NORRIS WITH A PERM!!

All connections Shrink-wrapped with HIGH QUALITY adhesive lined double-wall heat shrink, MIL-Spec, oil and chemical resistant, fire retardant!! TOUGH ENOUGH TO SHRINK WRAP A SMALL CHILD!!

ALL FOR $50 SHIPPING INCLUDED!! Let me know what you guys think!!

For my eBay feedback as a buyer/seller: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=97jdmteg&ftab=AllFeedback

I have tons of vouches on various forums: NWP4Life, Team-Integra, Club Integra, Facebook Groups Integra Certified/VA Honda Parts and Sales/Team-Integra, Craigslist.

Edited by 88CUSTARIN

I can also include Nylon/PET Monofilament sleeving for extra protection for the wire. This thing could probably outlast WWIII once it's finished, and you can have one too!!

If reception for this GP goes well, I might contemplate making some other high-quality stuff we could really use. What other things would you guys like to see?

Edited by 88CUSTARIN

Sounds good, but why not sets, (+/-) I mean if the neg is gonna outlast WW(what # would we be on next?), how bout have'n a pair to last? Thanx! ;) Edited by kidjc

Alright, let me see what the + needs to be made. I'm sure I can build one just as tough as the negative.

I actually am in the market for @ least (1-2) new sets, but I'd like to get a little more length on each, on (1) car I'm stretching the dickens out of them for a hookup. Since these are killer wires being made, how about some added length over stock? Thanx ;)

I measured the stock OEM cable, and it measures at 31". I plan on making these to 36", which gives a full extra 5" of length. If you guys need more then 5" of extra length, then I'm wondering what in the hell you are doing with them. LOL.

Are both cables the same length (- / + stock)?

Yeah, I'd think 5 inches should do it. On the (1) car, it's a simple, kinda dumb thing: when I replaced the battery, (always get the same model Optima) it was in the freeze'n cold, late @ night; anything & nearly everything simple that could go wrong in just change'n a battery out, & then some... DID!) Anyway, I noticed after dropping it in... the polarity poles were opposite of all the other batteries.(place was closed, & I needed to get to work in the morning) The stock cables had just enough on the other battery to make it a clean fit. It was a real pain get'n these to hook up, & they're streched way too tight. Hence: "extra length." @ least needed on the (1) car, so... why not a lil added length for them all. ;) Thanx

I'm not sure of the measurement specs of the + cable, I haven't pulled mine yet, I will be when my Fusible Links come in to clean all my contacts though, so I'll get an idea of whats needed to make a Mil-Spec + cable including length and such.

Another thing is regarding Battery terminal options, the + Fusion type wouldn't have an extra lug for accessories, just the adjustment nut, but there are other options. Including a factory-style Tin-coated type with a 3/8" wing nut attachment for accessories, to which I can attach a Fusion lug to the wire to attach to the post. It's really all how you guys would want the terminal to attach/be attached.

Edited by 88CUSTARIN

Sounds good to me! I'm ready now, so soon as things come together, would rather give yours a try, than purchasing from a vendor; keep it in the club. Thanx!

As far as I am aware, none of the vendors offer these except PQ on S-IX, and who wants to deal with him... Once I get the refund on the battery cable I tried to get from Mitsu I'll buy the materials to make a proof of concept and ability example so I can show you guys what you'd be getting. That's all I'm waiting on right now.

As far as I am aware, none of the vendors offer these except PQ on S-IX, and who wants to deal with him... Once I get the refund on the battery cable I tried to get from Mitsu I'll buy the materials to make a proof of concept and ability example so I can show you guys what you'd be getting. That's all I'm waiting on right now.

Works for me... as I said, I'm ready & will'n; & in for (2) full sets (+ -) as soon as it comes to fruition. You can PM me to contact, thanx ;) P.S. if for some reason(?) the GP you're look'n for doesn't leave the ground, I'll still be interested in the (2) sets.

Completed cable, also, I bought enough Stainless steel fasteners for the mid-lug and block point, including Stainless Washer, Stainless Star Washer, and Bolts, to make about 4-5 cables. The positive/charging cable is going to be complicated as I have to figure out how to de-pin the connectors, they aren't like Honda. LOL. Also, for those I may/will need a core.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2373/cam00057f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
As I said... I'll take (2)! If only the negative, still want (2), but "really" interested in the full set of bith (- / +) Let me know when tried & ready; so we can conclude @ least the negs.