Pile Of Parts For Sale

brianpaul98

Hey Dave, wow you just have no idea what the past two weeks have been like. I've got more PM's than I had in the past two years. I've been spending about 4 hours a day on the computer answering emails and PM's plus digging parts out, pictures, listing and then shipping them. I wish it were only SQ stuff but I have 5 cars I'M trying to sell also. The realtors guy was here taking pictures so we spent half the day getting the house ready. After that I had to take a load of parts back to a local shop I was doing work for because I'm running out of time and just can't get to it. Grabbed more shipping supplies and now the wife and I are back home and I'm trying to get through at least another 2 hours of messages. Crazy part is the young guy who was here taking the pictures might buy my Chevelle. I mean what the hell are the chances of that??!! He was the only one so far who has walked into my garage and said WOW COOL!!! Most people just go "OMG what the heck is all this stuff??" and not saying it in a good way.

If this isn't enough my wife just got a call from her bro in law and he just heard about a company (Tactus Technology) that it hiring and already submitted her resume. Shes an electrical engineer but never worked as one in the USA and in 5 years no one here would even give her a chance to get started. It's actually a pretty cool company, they are making the new touch screens for the Apple I-Phones. It's the touch screen that raises up when you touch it.

http://www.tactustechnology.com/technology.html

Anyway if she gets called for an interview I'll be here flying solo until everything is wrapped up. I guess you can say we have been busy. I'm going to hate it if she has to go ahead of me but I'm happy because it's going to be better than her staying here working the dead end part time job she has now.

Ok Dave, back to the shafts seals. I'm going to get the invoice out to you ASAP and keep watching this post because there are about 5 more bins of good used parts up in the attic and more suspension parts out in the shed.

Hey Brian, No problem at all, I completely understand and I will be watching for some of those attic bin/shed parts. Good luck to your wife on getting into that Tactus company, that is some crazy stuff they got on there, super cool! Thank you very much, much appreciation.

-Dave

Hey Dave, I just sent your invoice and I'll get the shaft seals out to you asap. Yeah there is some really cool technology coming down the road all the time. The other company she is going to apply at is Tesla Motors :

http://www.teslamotors.com/about

I believe the CEO of Tesla Motors (Elon Musk) is also the co founder of SpaceEx AND PAYPAL plus the chairman of Solarcity!!! This guy has a pretty damn impressive list of achievements. I honestly can't imagine being that smart, it gives me a headache just thinking about it :wacko:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

I'm not sure how you all feel about these electric cars but I'm not a big fan. Very simply the power gird in this country is not being expanded / upgraded sufficiently and the everyday demands for electricity are growing exponentially every day. Government regulation is hurting the companies that produce electricity (coal fired plants) and it just seems there is a very anti nuclear power movement going on out there. You gotta love environmentalists... I'm sure the Japan incident didn't help but that was poor designing and external factors (a big f'n tsunami) and not caused by the normal workings of the plant itself. Anyway, the whole point it is how are we going to power all these electric cars if we barely have enough electricity to power our normal everyday lives now? I am a big fan of true hydrogen powered cars ( water in - hydrogen generator - water vapor out ) as opposed to the pull up to a filling station type but I doubt I'll see production models in my lifetime.

Brian...if she gets the job does that mean you will be staying in the states? or is that tactus job overseas?

All the jobs she is looking at are in the Fremont / Silicon Valley area of California. Her sister and brother in law have been talking with her over the past few weeks about all the jobs she would qualify for. We pretty much knew she would be staying in Cali to work and as for myself I was going to go to the Philippines and help out her family and start the business. I really have to get over there first and assess the situation because I'm not dropping a dime on something that is a sure loser. My wife is actually booking her ticket to Cali as we type so things are moving along real fast. This is all very hard to get my mind around right now because the plan was for both of us to be here together to take care of the house but everything is changing daily / hourly. She is such a huge help and is so organized, what takes me hours she can knock out in half the time. Anyway, I'm just focusing on the tasks at hand and getting her situated first is probably a good thing. After that I'm taking it one day at a time.

• 10 months later...

Well everyone the good news is I won't be moving out of the country just yet. My wife took a position with a company ( Cogenra ) based out of Mountain View Ca. They are leasing space / machines in my brother in laws company ( Solaria ) in Fremont until March ~ April and then will probably transfer everyone back to the main company after that. My wife flew out today and starts work Monday morning so the plan is set into motion. With that said I'll be buying a 40' shipping container as soon as I find a good deal, packing it up with all our stuff and shipping it to my dads up in Jersey. My goal is to set it up inside like a working shop so that where ever I drop it down all I will need is power and the machines and equipment will be able to run. After its packed up I'll be following her out to Cali hopefully in late February to early March. Man I hate to be separated from my stuff but I gotta see how it goes before shipping all our stuff across the country. Boy this is going to be fun...

Anyway, I'll be digging through the last of the stuff and will start posting up a few things as soon as I get some time.

I really can't wait to get there, I miss my wife already. She just landed in San Fran a few minutes ago. I really wish I could have gone with her. Good luck with your move also, what part of Cali are you moving to? Edited by brianpaul98

• 1 month later...