Running too rich

My 86 conquest is running super rich at idle and any mid throttle range. It runs fine on cold start and WOT, but idles warm in low 10's and high 9's. it also will drop to low 10's or high 9's at part throttle. In both cases its too rich and it sputters and cuts out. I have jumped power to fuel pump to run with engine off so I could see if injectors are leaking, and they look good. Not sure how to test MAF, coolant temp sensor, MAP, Fuel pressure regulator, ect. to see what may be causing her to dump soo much fuel. Thanks for any help

Disconnect the coolant temp sensor and see if it leans out. The two pin sensor with the oval base and boot on the wire harness. If it starts hard cold, and runs the same warmed up the sensor is probably fine. It can be tested with a ohm meter as well.

Disconnect the coolant temp sensor and see if it leans out. The two pin sensor with the oval base and boot on the wire harness. If it starts hard cold, and runs the same warmed up the sensor is probably fine. It can be tested with a ohm meter as well.

I will try that, thanks

I was wondering O2 as well, its brand new and I get a reading of .5-.7v at 1300 RPM as per service manul. Supposedly it should switch from .47-1.0 volts to 2.7 volts and I do have a code for O2 sensor. So far i cant find anyone who has taken readings and seen it switching. I will check map sensor today

i had a similar issue with my car running super rich. I was getting the O2 error code. Replaced it and it went away. FYI, one time i replaced the O2 with a universal (trying to save $$$) and my car was still running super rich. Went back to the autoparts and decided to go with a direct replacement plug and play Bosch O2 and then the problem went away.

Another time i had the same issue my MAS went out on me. Checked for codes and got the MAS error code. Replaced it with a 1 GMAS and it went away. If you get a chance double check your codes again after you disconnect the battery.

Just thought i would share my experience with you. Hope it helps you out.