83 hood. San Antonio, TX area $550

Burton

I've got an 83 hood for sale. It was on a car that ended up having title issues. I couldn't sell the car with the title problems, and have 3 other 83 hoods and am getting the fiberglass 83 hoods going again too, so I really have no need to keep this one too.

It was painted R04, and has some custom striping and lettering done on the side of the raised scoop. That work was all done before clearing, so there is no way to remove it without a repaint.

This hood sat on the car for a few months outside, and unfortunately took a couple of hail hits, so there's 2 or 3 dings on it. There is also a wavy area in the very center between the scoop and the front edge of the hood. None of these issues are really noticeable unless you're looking for them.

The hood is for sale as it sits for $550. I can fix the damaged areas and repaint it R04 and clear it, all while keeping the custom striping and lettering for $650. I could also fix and repaint the whole hood black for $650. If you're looking at getting it and you plan to paint it to match a car that isn't red or black, then I can fix the issues and prime the repair areas for $600. I could also fix it and repaint it any factory color for $700. However, without having the car here for color matching purposes, there is a chance that the new color will not match the original color. The same could be said for the R04 that is on it now.

I will not ship this hood. I am a stay at home dad and do not have the time or ability to be able to package it and get it to the shipper. My wife does all my shipping as she has a UPS hub at her office, but she can't ship anything that is oversized or heavy. If she can't carry it, I can't ship it, and this hood falls into that category.

I am located just east of San Antonio. I am 2 miles away from exit 600 on I-10, 15 minutes from I-35 in New Braunfels, and about an hour away from Austin.

If you're interested, send me a PM. I am open to offers, but I won't be budging too much on the pricing. If I don't see too much interest, I will probably just go ahead and repaint it black and repost it until it does sell.

Thanks!

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/003~0.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/004.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/007~0.JPG

Burton, side note....You interested in the Tx race this year? I know you have a new schedule with lil MJ, but I could get it back to NC for potential buyers up this way if your schedule allows you to go to the races this year and drop it off. Just an option for you if you need it, either way, LMK about the race. ;)

BC_99

Burton, side note....You interested in the Tx race this year? I know you have a new schedule with lil MJ, but I could get it back to NC for potential buyers up this way if your schedule allows you to go to the races this year and drop it off. Just an option for you if you need it, either way, LMK about the race. ;)

BC_99

Dude! That would be awesome. The wife is cool if I go up there for the race, so if anyone over by NC is interested, I can bring it up to the race in the Sorento. Maybe I can even find one of those golf cart shuttles to help me bring it into the hauler like last time.