(CA) Drive & dine - 6/21

StallionProject86

I was thinking more along the lines of a Starbucks near the road then after the run we cruise over to the Lucilles off the 57 just south of the location. Since there may be drinking involved I would rather have that after versus before.

Ya'll are gonna have to be a little patient with me, my ride don't handle all that great and it's slow to accelerate, but it goes like a demon on the down hills. Which could be bad cuz stopping 8 1/2 tons at freeway speeds is a tough feat! lol

On the plus side, if ya'll break down I have room for two SQ's! lol

I'm Quest-less at the moment. I will be getting the '87 back, but not till November. Have fun guys.

Your truck could be the traffic plow on the way down that would work right? Ahah. Well no problem there is always next year. Hopefully we can get some good footage in, almost like you are right there.!

Speaking of footage.. make sure you guys bring all the cameras you can so we can have some versatility when recording, I'm mounting two inside with me and another somewhere on the exterior. Borrow your buddies GoPro and/or take a standard handheld with 720p capability. (I say 720 so that way there will be little to no difference when transitioning views.)

Edited by StallionProject86

Really Sorry guys, going to have to miss this one. My suspension has been up for sale for some time now and has finally sold so the car is going to be down for a while. Wont have the new stuff on in time. Have fun be safe, I'll catch you guys next time.

Yeah. My temporary registration expired, and I just went in for an appointment and they didn't tell me I needed my proof of failed smog, so now I need to make another appointment, but hopefully I'll get it done before Sunday. If anything, I'll try and get a 1-day pass, but if I have to, tomorrow I'll sit in there without an appointment for hours to get it. I REALLY want to go to this thing. (trying to get another 30 day temp, so I can get my car smog-worthy)

November works better, as I will also have more money. We can also get time to gather more people as well. What do you think? A Sunday would still be preferable, and I'm sure since we have more time, we can better coordinate it all.

Your gone long huh hachi? Hm, December gets cold and I can't account for the roads up there but we can give it a try I suppose. . By then my conversion will definitely be complete. I wanted to run before and after but it may be better to run after since there are miscellaneous issues anyway. Edited by StallionProject86

• 4 weeks later...

If this goes well, we should do it again in mid to late december or early january so I can come =]

How late is late December? I'm iffy about going to late into winter, like I've stated I don't really know how road conditions are then. But I'm motivated all over again about this after driving up Turbull. I'm willing to work around your scheduling unless this meet can rekindle drivers. Let me know guys I'm still very interested in getting together with multiple owners and owning some curves.