Quadin' it up on the dunes...

Komeuppance

Just got home from our annual trip to the South of Oregon for a week long camping trip and crazyness (drunken antics). There is a huge sand dune area down there as well and we like to hit the dunes at least one day.

I've only ridden once on a rental quad... and that was weak sauce, got it stuck so many times it really didn't have enough power. Here's a pic from last year:

319294_10150782060665534_7626341_n.jpg

Throttle was floored in this picture... no wheel spin at all... weak!!

So this year, we were on a mission to put down some power out there on the dunes. My friend has two 250r three wheelers, but only one was good enough mechanically. He planned to buy another one off craigslist on the way there, but that one didn't run right and passed. Then we blew a whole day trying to find something off craigslist and driving around.

Eventually he settled for a slightly modded Banshee. Only problem is we couldn't fit it in the Mighty Max truck bed with the 250r in there... so we had to build a complete trailer in a parking lot with limited tools LOL. We were getting stared at by everyone haha... but we did get holler'd at by some girls, oh yeah!!

I was in the store buying some ratchet straps and came outside to see all the trailer parts unboxed and thought "I don't think there's enough sunlight left in the day for this..." Eventually I stopped freaking out and got my bearings straight on the parts and it wasn't so bad. Surprisingly we had it fully assembled in an hour and half, with minimal taking it apart because something was in the wrong spot LOL.

255540_10152060223585534_378519755_n.jpg

That's the parking lot special trailer LOL.

I loved the power the Banshee had, and it's ability to drift and do donuts LOL... spent a lot of times doing donuts. I'm not an experienced rider at all so I took it easy, only got a little air, and got it stuck a few times (no paddles!!). Ripping down the beach with the ocean on one side, huge sand dunes on the other side, and the awesome wail of the Banshee's upgraded exhaust behind me was unforgettable. I almost topped it out... buuuut I'm not that crazy... yet.

So... I think I'm hooked on hittin' the dunes with two-stroke power now... when that engine gets in the power band it's like a huge turbo kicking in, and that is addicting.

-Robert

Yeah I had a 200cc blaster a few years back and that thing was a hoot. It had a tuned pipe, muffler, and jet kit and thing thing was SO loud and was like a rocket. When it was in the power band it would lift the front end like it was nothing through third and sometimes fourth and that was with my fat 200lb tail leaning forward on it to keep it down. I miss it.

i have an older pair of Yamha's one 250cc Timber wolf and a 200cc Blaster , the 2 stroke will deff get away from you if your not careful :) but the Timber wolf will go up on 2 wheels also if you aren't careful

the Timber wolf has an auto clutch and the 2 stroke has a manual clutch it can get confuseing when your rideing both same day ,but both will tear up some dirt lol

it can make for a fun day with all 5 of mine and the two of the neighbor kids are all runing in an out of the woods burning up gas like it was free but the smiles on the kids faces are worth it

Fun stuff, i used to go over to the dunes all the time when i was a kid my Dad and Uncle both had ridiculously modded Banshee's i was never old enough (or big enough) to ride them though. I'll never forget how cool it was over there riding, every time i start a weedeater and smell that two stroke gas smell it takes me back lol.

dunes are hella fun on quads. We go up to michigan yearly and the banshee is definitely the ticket for dunes. Paddles definitely help alot though.

*hijack time*

here's my old banshee at the dunes

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/Speedy2222/Banshee/Picture1089.jpg

and here is my new dune quad

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/Speedy2222/BBanshee/photo34.jpg

Edited by Speedy2222