240 front suspension change

RF600

I'm working on collecting parts for the change over. Does anyone have a completed system? I saw the post on the AUstarion site and a couple other places. My question was regarding the tension rods. Will the rods off the 240 go to the starquest mounting location? I know the ends are different. I was looking at getting the frame mounting side from technotoytuining. Then having the rest made. If the 240 rod goes to the same place then that makes things easier.

I have read that if poly bushings are used on the tension rods for the 240 it will crack the control arm. So I am trying to decide which way to go.

I added a plate to the underside of the control arm and put some plug welds to hold it in place. Hoping to help it not crack. I do have the black poly bushing kit to eventually install. Yes the control arm bushings have to be 240. The id is a tad larger than the starquest, where the bolt goes through.

Here is the pic. These are for the AE86

P1010012_0.jpg

I want to know more on the specifics of this swap, the control rods on the A187 are for caster angle and that's about it in a 240 they're probably for caster and toe in the 240 uses a rack n pinion instead of a box .

http://www.240edge.com/basics/suspenfr1.jpg

http://www.240edge.c...suspension.html

So I was wondering if the tension rod bracket needed to be changed or just use the one on the car and have a tension rod made to fit. That was the purpose of using the ends off of the AE86 tension rods, not the whole thing. They will sell just the ends. I have already sent them an email asking about it.They don't make a tension rod for our cars. I don't want to purchase the ends unless they are needed. I did see where someone was using a straight rod but I don't know if it was a modified piece or what it was off of. They being technotoytuning.

The ones from mookeeh aren't just ends they look like those but no modding necessary. I can't upload pics or i would show u. Just sayn Edited by sleeper tsi