2k-2500 to go fast parts??

Alright guys im trying to debate if i wanna put the money in my 1987 quest to try to achieve atleast a mid-low 12s. Im selling my Mustang so im either picking up another toy or throwing some cash in this. My Current setup is. hardpipes,190 fuel pump, upgraded coil,1st gen mass air,20g with mbc,650,950 trilogy injectors,89 ecu. With an additional 2k to 2500 what could i do to make alittle over 300whp. I do want to keep tbi for ac. And i know its going to be alot harder with the car possibly running lean on 2 cylinders. It would be nice if i could do 300whp without cracking the motor open. What would you do and is it possible?

Thanks

Edited by gottraction

First off do not buy an SMB manifold....

I can agree with the 2g maf and larger injectors...but remember if you stay with stock ecu you have to run a smaller primary than secondary.

20g with the right hotside can achieve your 300whp goals. If you run a td05 or td05h it will really choke the engine.

A 3 inch exhaust and larger intercooler and run about 22+psi and you should be getting close :)

i just installed a td06 20g so im good there. what injectors can i run with? I dont think i saw any high bolt in injectors when i originally bought my trilogy ones. i saw i think on 26liter that someone was running 2 factory secondary injectors. you dont think i can just buy a 3inch downpipe and run 2.5 back for 300+?

Well for 300whp I figure the 2.5inch will work and not hold you back much. But the bigger the better.

Well you can't run two secondaries unless you are using a standalone ecu. I run megasquirt on TBI and I am using 2x 1150cc injectors.

You would probably want to go with something large for a primary like 800+ and then a pretty large secondary. There should be a ratio somewhere or someone might chime in.

You should NOT run two of the same size injectors on the stock ecu though.

You pick the size of the injectors. So you can go with whatever you want. I would suggest buying from brianpaul on these websites.

I hope you aren't a novice and can figure out the 2gen mas. It shouldn't be super difficult but if you are willing to try something you should just go with a full standalone ecu :P

I would go with GM mas with the adjustable thingy over 2g mas, then have adjustable and I think a GM one flows better also. With that can use different size injectors and adjust to work. Lance is useing that with WBO2 to tune with 2 secondary injectors and really its mostly smooth and has more fuel(which you will need). And go 3in full exhaust, dont mess around with anything less, not worth the work for smaller. Edited by Lizzord30

A safc2 or neo afc is typical used to tune with a 2 g mas. The afc's have 2 load ranges and rpm tuning, 32 tuning point for a neo ($250 used) vs 3 knobs for the translator. A afc can also be used with the maft for fine tuning, but the ecu will like the 2g airflow signal better.