Complete Part Out of 1989 Conquest SHP TSI

Lance_S

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My my my......what a waste.....I would have put the value of that in the 3 to 4k range...but what do I know....cept we all need and like good parts......and the fewer there are the more the rest of em are worth......Please do remember.....what was, is no longer...... Edited by bluzcruzer

Hey Lance how abought the passenger side rocker panel? Also I will be in your area in a couple weeks so there might not be any need to ship it. Hope your haveing a good time and have plenty mojitos :)

How about the alternator?Is it good and how old.

The alternator is in good shape. I know it works well. The battery was dead, I jumped it and ran it awhile and the alternator charged the battery successfully.

My my my......what a waste.....I would have put the value of that in the 3 to 4k range...but what do I know....cept we all need and like good parts......and the fewer there are the more the rest of em are worth......Please do remember.....what was, is no longer......

Lol, really? Well I would have been happy to sell you the ca for four grand but I have a feeling you wouldn't have bought it. The market for a quest with a shot motor is exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.... Not much. And what was is now going to keep your car on the road. Everyone wants clean parts but no one wants to break down good cars. You don't get good parts of junk cars. The car was worth $1500.00 with a junk motor or $3,000.00 parted out. The parts go to good people needing good parts for cars that don't run. The car did t get crushed, it's getting redistributed. This is how it works. When I need parts for my car I hope someone has one just like this that I can pull parts from. It's not like there is a shortage of solid running quests out there for people to purchase.

Hey Lance how abought the passenger side rocker panel? Also I will be in your area in a couple weeks so there might not be any need to ship it. Hope your haveing a good time and have plenty mojitos :)

Yeah brother, it's goin well in the FLA. The pass rocker has a bit of rust on it just near the back of the wheel well. I will shoot you some. Close ups when I get home.

L

Lol, really? Well I would have been happy to sell you the ca for four grand but I have a feeling you wouldn't have bought it. The market for a quest with a shot motor is exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.... Not much. And what was is now going to keep your car on the road. Everyone wants clean parts but no one wants to break down good cars. You don't get good parts of junk cars. The car was worth $1500.00 with a junk motor or $3,000.00 parted out. The parts go to good people needing good parts for cars that don't run. The car did t get crushed, it's getting redistributed. This is how it works. When I need parts for my car I hope someone has one just like this that I can pull parts from. It's not like there is a shortage of solid running quests out there for people to purchase.

3000 in parts?I'm curious how close are you to that figure

be honest ,pm me if you like

Lance, i would like the carpet and rear lower belt retractor covers. They fold up pretty decent for shipping.

But what kind of shape is it in? I do not really want one that smells musty or of mouse poo. I pitched a couple like that already.

SQR,

No worries, I will take pics and give them the smell test when I get back on Sunday. I already told someone tht I wouldnt send them an item because I didn't think It was in good enough condition.

3000 in parts?I'm curious how close are you to that figure

be honest ,pm me if you like

The math isn't tough, go to the first page and add it up, add 10 percent for a ton of stuff that isn't listed, then subtract 25 percent for stuff that doesn't sell or isn't in good enough shape to sell for one reason or another. It was an SHP car with a good air dam. The rims and air dam alone are worth a grand. I don't know why you are interested in what the car is worth parted out. More to me than together is what it's worth. I would have had to pull the motor, strip it, find a new short block and hoped that it worked, bought all new gaskets, reassembled it and then installed the motor back in the car. All so I might break even or make $500.00. I know what these are going for used in running condition, not worth my time. Scotty dont's car is currently for sale running with ten grand or more worth of gear and work and he is asking four. I hope you understand the economics, no offense intended. My original intention was to fix the car and get it running but it would have cost to much time and money. So now the car will make for quality replacement parts, we all need them and most of what you find in the junk yard is exactly that, junk

Guest Paul87Quest

Lance,

Sent you a pm with my list of items...add to that the aero panel underneath the fron air dam if it is still there...this would be the larger of the two under covers. I don't want the small one because automatics are different than manuals for that part.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Paul87Quest

Nah lance I think you misunderstood my question.

The more I'm on this site the less I give a crap about these

cars.

The "original post math" isn't the question.

It's how close are you to that figure of 3000.

I've know these Cars too. And I agree I would have parted that car

too.

I would venture to say you gave a 1000 for the car,,,probably less

I've bought 800 dollar Rust bucket beaters,,,hell I've had cars givin to me.

They are always worth more parted out.

The clincher was the guy who had a perfect running car,perfect driving

car,,,and parted it out on here,,,,sound strange? Did he have proof of

ownership? Hard to say,could have been a stolen car ,and chopped it here

because noone gave a crap.

Quikconq,

Yeah, I did misunderstand. I'm sorry, I thought it was just another "I can't believe you parted out that car you terrible person" response. My bad.

Pm'd

How much for the turn signal, steering wheel, valance (header panel?), steering box (if it doesn't leak), and possibly the hood shipped to 70634 business.

Gary,

Will put some numbers together tomorrow. The turn signal was requested earlier by someone else but I will send him an email to confirm, if he doesn't want it, I will send it to you. The steering wheel, valance and steering box are available. The box does not leak. Shipping shouldn't be too bad on those items, the hood may be tough, might be able to go grey hound. I will have to check on that for you.

Lance