Similarities?

the 944 is also a FR layout, they both have "independent rear suspension" and both have similar displacement inline 4 cyls (2.5 or 3.0 for porsche 2.6 for sqs).

They came with turbos and porsche motors are dohc, at least for the 3.0 (which was never factory turbo charged)

The 944 came with staggered wheels like our cars and there was a performance package offered (I believe it was called mo-30)

the similarities pretty much end there.

the 944 rear end is torsion bar, obviously ours isnt.

The 944 trans is in the rear of the car

I've had an 83 since '96 what wouuld ya like to know? :) 50-50 weight distribution, yes it is a transaxle-clutches are a pain! always go sport spring insteasd of rubber puck( learned the hard way) 2.5L was SOHC now the later 3.0L was DOHC. 86 started the turbo line and what a difference damn. The biggest complaint about the 944 wich in 83 was the first actual Porsche engine( earliers were the audi engines even tho the 2.0 turbo was no slouch in the 924 gts) was horsepower, the car handled so well on the track and was also easier to drive then the same year 911's. The only model Porsche I have not driven or been in is the 914, I also loved the look of those, and I agree with the ease of driving the 944. I had a girlfriend with an 87 911 targa and getting the gears was not as smooth. The power in my 83 wich did not change really to the 85.5 wich went from Bosch Motronic to a better ecu. After that things changed as well as the interior(like power steering lol). Now if you go turbo then your looking at a wonderful machine....and to compliment you have Lindsey Racing, Baur Racing, Automobile Atlanta and Performace Products etc to make a fast and sexier car....but just like any it will cost money. My first clutch was 1500, my second 1300 my last(spring loaded sport clutch) was 900 bucks total. You learn these cars and how to do your own work to save money ^_^ For the past year my 944 has been in "parting out status" to help fuel the starquest project. After getting married, have a baby and putting wife thru school I realized the supercharged LS1 swap was not gunna happen for the 944 :( but that is also another posibility for ya and what a swap it is...look on you tube of these track beasts with the handling of a 944 and that much power. the LS1 is 20 -25lbs heavier then the cast/aluminum 2.6L total swap done....so handling but 2.5X the power...without the supercharger :o :o

Actually i didn't know that's why i asked duh! Thanks for the insult aswell do u really just insult ppl u don't even know. If so u should prolly see someone for that. Edited by sleeper tsi