NikoFab's 1986 Starion ESI-R

NikoFab

Got the test piece back from the powdercoater today...and me likey! We had a hell of a time getting that yellow not to bleed under the blue (which produced a nasty green). This represents the sixth attempt. That's six times of completely stripping and trying again...lots of fun. Now that we've gotten it to work, there's going to be a lot more done. Pics are below...tell me what you think. Edited by NikoFab

I gotta give props where props are due. George and the boys at Westside Powdercoating did a great job. Click the icon below to view their website. BTW, these guys are going to have a tent at the National StarQuest meet this Fall.

http://westsidecoatings.com/logo1.gif

Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 1

it's IN THE BOOTH so it should be painted sometime this year :lol: what's your plans for the drivetrain in that gorgeous quest ?

Stayin stock on the tranny, but going to get it bolstered. Still undecided on a clutch, but I have time to think on it some more...still have to get the car back and get the motor in it so i can start mocking up my MPI, FMIC and piping, etc.

Looks like that powdercoater did an excellent job matching the colors!

Not too bad eh? I have to give credit to my wife Angie. She chose the final official colors as closely matched to your color swatches as possible.

Edited by NikoFab