Which one do you guys think?

Heres the first car Ive been looking at recently until this second one popped up. Price is definetly better on the black one, both engines are freshly rebuilt, blue one seems to have some more mods but its paint is s*** on the roof/rear bumper, black one has fresh paint(and an 83 hood!). However the blue only has minor mechanical problems while the black one needs a new center link. Any idea what a new center link costs?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2975943426.html(old ad with pics, he raised the price cause he fixed some stuff, http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/2933184900.html)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/3003049804.html

It all depends on what you're looking to do. Do you want a mildly modified car or a stock one to modify to your liking? The paint is no big deal, $1200 bucks would get you a good paint job anywhere in SoCal. Though I gotta add that the blue one is a rare color, not common.

Negotiated price a little with the black one and we are going to meet up on Sunday. What are some things I should look out for when I go check it out that might end up costing me big $? Edited by tankbob

Ad says its got a fresh radiator so Im proably good there but thanks for the heads up. How do I check if it builds boost? Ive never seen the inside of a starion in real life, did the car come stock with a gauge? Nvm stupid question ofcourse it has one but what amount of psi should I be looking for on the stock 12a, he says he just rebuilt it aswell. Edited by tankbob

Thanks! Should I look out for rust spots? I do live in California so no salt roads and whatnot.

There aren't too many rusty Starquests around here so just look around but I doubt you will find much

Tell him to make sure its cold when you show up so you can start it after sitting...if it chugs at a start, suspect head gasket or leaky injector.

No smoke, runs smoothly (no bucks). (dizzy/injectors/etc) No excessive play in the steering wheel (unavailable centerlink)

Edited by strang3majik

I'm sure Ive seen centerlinks available over there? Yes, its also known as a relay rod.

You can have them rebuilt anyway, I just had mine done over here in NZ, cost me $100 (around $80 in your currency).

Both the cars look like they warrant investigation. The Blue one coming with D2's is a bonus, as thats $1k right there.

Tell him to make sure its cold when you show up so you can start it after sitting...if it chugs at a start, suspect head gasket or leaky injector.

No smoke, runs smoothly (no bucks). (dizzy/injectors/etc) No excessive play in the steering wheel (unavailable centerlink)

Ah so thats going to be the issue with the messed up centerlink he mentioned, so I should expect to have play in the steering wheel, he also mentioned that the centerlink shakes a little on bumps.

And the hood is staying on the car if it comes home with me tomorrow :) going to look at it mid-day tomorrow and if I get it expect a new thread!

The fist two listings are the same car if you had not figured that out.

Ofcourse they are, the second listing just has pictures of the first but isnt as updated information wise as the first listing. Anyways, I bought the black one, if I knew how to lock my own thread I would.