12a

natedog_37

Bought a 12A from a user last summer. Been busy and just started to install it last weekend.

Found some issue he forgot to tell me about..

1 of the exahust studs had the bolt still on it and would not come out. Replaced the stud so we are good there now, and re threaded/tapped the other 2.

2nd issue, Were the wastegate connects to the back of the turbo. Were the pin goes it seems to have something broken off in the hole. I tried drilling it out but have really had no luck. Thoughs on this?

Also I am to the point were I am getting sick of getting screwed by users. First turbo was a s16G in a 12A from Turbo T. And well it was a lemon... now this trubo.

I would like to send it out to be looked over, or maybe even at this point just buy a new turbo. I have look at forced performace but hell $990 for a 14B just seems high. Though on were I could send this, or look for a new turbo?

majestic turbo rebuilds the 12a for 350 bucks.They do a very good job and its balanced.I am not sure if there is

one where you live but there are two shops in texas...Dallas and Waco...if it ends up being bad..

Edited by rcm

The bit broken off in the pin hole is likely the old pin, rusted in place. You can get them out with penetrating oil, very fine drill bits and some effort. Unless you spent top dollar for the turbo it doesn't sound like you got screwed, those are very normal issues for a used turbo.