Powder coating

randy

Would it be possible to powdercoat your engine block and timing cover

after it has been returned back from the machine shop?

I now people actually powdercoat motorcycle cylinder heads but just checking

to see if it can be done.I know the regular paint tends to wear off after a while.

My neighbor has his supercharger,headers,oilpan and every bracket powdercoated.it is does not look as good now aa it did a year and a half ago but still looks good..this is on a 11 sec blazer SS and he beats the bag out of his truck so the stuff holds up well...hope it helps

gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

Powder coat is paint, its just different in how its applied and cured. They make high temperature versions just like the rattle can stuff at the auto parts store, you just have to ask.

I am a powder coater, and to answer the OP's question, yes.

You can coat a block and timing cover.

There is high temp powder that can be used, but I don't think it would be necessary for a block, and timing cover.

It's debatable if a cylinder head would dissipate heat better, ceramic coated, polished, powder coated, or left as a raw cast/machined.

I am a powder coater, and to answer the OP's question, yes.

You can coat a block and timing cover.

There is high temp powder that can be used, but I don't think it would be necessary for a block, and timing cover.

It's debatable if a cylinder head would dissipate heat better, ceramic coated, polished, powder coated, or left as a raw cast/machined.

How long have you been in business and are there any pictures of your work?

How long have you been in business and are there any pictures of your work?

I have been coating over 5 years. I am not offering any services as I do not have time at the moment, I rarely get to work on my car being that I am always coating something for a friend. Wanting very badly to drive my car this summer, I have become selfish and made that my priority.

I'd more than happy to answer any questions you might have, and I have some pictures of my work in a build thread on here.