Checkin in! New Swap in mind

soulja620

Whatsup Starquesters... Checkin back in, and I got alot on my mind!

I sold my old Starion about a year ago, and I want to be back in one...

Since then, I've been rolling in a 335i turbo BMW for quite some time now... Ive got it in high 11's at the moment, but im maxed out

Heres my YouTube page of her puttin in work ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rd335iaz?ob=0&feature=results_main

Anywho, I wanna go faster.... SO i got a off the wall swap I wanna do..

The G54B is too hard to make fast.... Never again

SOOO.. I want to start my next build, and I was curious if its been done before,

Im thinking a 5.3 Truck engine, Single turbo mated to a 4l80 tranny in a gutted Starion.. Shooting for low 10's maybe 9's.

Junkyard motor, ebay 76mm, craigslist tranny, shell, fab work, and misc parts Im shooting for a 6-7k Budget inc. the shell...

Fast cheap unique frankenstein build...

If anyone knows of any southwest shells ill be in the market in the next month or so....

What you guys think =)

Ya I remember Cinquest back n the day... Cant even find those vids on the internet anymore... =(

we'll see, I got a buddy who can get me 5.3's for $320 =)

317heads would be nice with an ebay 76mm (proven)

LS motors are notorious for Cyl-8 Ringland issues under boost

But thanks! I didnt know the Auto trans tunnels were bigger

Some guys are making 900+ on Junkyard 4.8's and 5.3's

A couple of the drag racers I deal with are running that combo. I'm thinking if you're gonna gut it and cut it up anyway... go big or go home and get the 6.0. Same basic motor, just bigger. Nearly the same price too from what I can tell

You don't even need the whole motor... just the short block. Build the heads and everything around it. Get a couple weekends out of the short block and replace it once the rings are toast.

The 4.8 truck block has seen better results from turbo's than the 5.3/6.0 blocks.

This.

And beware what kinda head/combo you run..

A buddy but ls1 heads on a 4.8, and somehow he was slapping the piston.. =(

least we think it was cause of that so far

853 heads on a 4.8/5.3 will drop the compression to about 9-1 I believe, 317 heads flow better then 853 but will drop the compression much lower. 243 or 799 heads flow the same as 317 and they will lower compression but not as much as 853 heads just Do your research. I am finally finishing up my ls1 build because I had to wait for a missing part from comp cams (been 3 months)

Good luck on whatever you decided.

Edited by Scotty Dont