is there more or less starquests in az now?

starquestaz

went to a Honda meet with my friend last Saturday, and one of the guys said he owns an 83 Starion. His names Daniel (SovietSuperSoldier), and he's from Tucson. He said he never drives it, poor car :( .

You Tucson guys know him?

• 2 weeks later...
So what are you guys seeing for operating temps? Whats normal temps for this heat? Ive been 190-200 now thats its been hotter. Threw in a new radiator and ordered some puller fans. Right now im only running one pusher in front on the condensor and one puller on the radiator. Switching it up to 2 pullers as soon as they come in.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya Ronnie, missed your post until now, lol.

I use the factory gauge, so no idea on numbers. I've had quite a history of trying to managed temps on my car. I've changed my stock radiator to a *DM, burned through several factory main/secondary fans until I purchased a pair of chinese ebay ones that have held up great for the last year, wired thermosensors together to make both fans come on at lower temp, installed 165 water thermostat, etc...

Right now I usually get it between halfway and to pointing to the top of the water guage icon (about 3/4 up?) on the stock gauge. And true to form, one of the wires I used to conenct the primary thermosensor to the wiring harness has a kink it in and i have lost power to fans twice this week, only blistering my hand once trying to pull on the wire to get the kink out and restore power to the fans, lol. I need to replace that wire when I find time.

BTW, things slowing down enough for us to have a get together soon?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got my Quest running! I need to fix a couple more little things (P/S box), but I should be good to meet pretty soon. I'm out of town 21-23 September, maybe we can do something the last week of September (29 Saturday)?

And by the way Sam, that radio you gave me works, but it only picks up Mariachi, hahaa.

Heya Ronnie, missed your post until now, lol.

I use the factory gauge, so no idea on numbers. I've had quite a history of trying to managed temps on my car. I've changed my stock radiator to a *DM, burned through several factory main/secondary fans until I purchased a pair of chinese ebay ones that have held up great for the last year, wired thermosensors together to make both fans come on at lower temp, installed 165 water thermostat, etc...

Right now I usually get it between halfway and to pointing to the top of the water guage icon (about 3/4 up?) on the stock gauge. And true to form, one of the wires I used to conenct the primary thermosensor to the wiring harness has a kink it in and i have lost power to fans twice this week, only blistering my hand once trying to pull on the wire to get the kink out and restore power to the fans, lol. I need to replace that wire when I find time.

BTW, things slowing down enough for us to have a get together soon?

With the new radiator and new fans my car runs 180-195. The radiator in the car just plain sucked lol

Finally got my Quest running! I need to fix a couple more little things (P/S box), but I should be good to meet pretty soon. I'm out of town 21-23 September, maybe we can do something the last week of September (29 Saturday)?

And by the way Sam, that radio you gave me works, but it only picks up Mariachi, hahaa.

Should be free!

Edited by RonnieJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My buddy spotted this and text it to me yesterday in the east valley tempe/chandler area. Anybody on here?

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/JDLAutoRon/d054f9dd.jpg

Also what are you guys seeing for coolant temps? Im seeing 190-198 with my fans going wether its freeway or town driving

hey, thats me! what a creep shot, just messing. thats was a while ago, car looks dirty as hell to. just buffed the car now, it oxidized as f*** and still looks like crap, but it looks better than it did. polished the wheels a little bit more too and had the louvers powder coated since. i'll see it i can post a pick here soon. so whats up az guys? you guys meeting up any time soon while its cool out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...