Highly Modified Starion FS...

desert_starion

Nothin much, setups runnin good. Should see some 10's this year.

Good to see you and the car still up and goin.

Yeah, I really need to upgrade the FIP firmwares on my ECU's to get the fuel and spark control using only 1 ecu, and then I should be more consistent. I hate that I am so busy to get some good tinkering done on the car which is why I want it to go to a good home. Nevertheless, it pulls hard.

I havent been following up on what you have done to your car.. you got any links or threads I can read up to see your progress?

is all the original safety squipment still on the car and functional? any condensation in the lights, cracks etc..? does the heat and defrost work? i dont recall seeing AC, has everything been removed (including switching the interior duct to non ac)? how good is the paint? i see orange peel in pictures but not sure if it really as bad as it looks. are the door jams and trunk painted as well? what color is it? can the hood be replaced with factory hood (83 or regular) if need be or will it not fit anymore? how are the frame rails? does the antenae function correctly?

is all the original safety squipment still on the car and functional? any condensation in the lights, cracks etc..? does the heat and defrost work? i dont recall seeing AC, has everything been removed (including switching the interior duct to non ac)? how good is the paint? i see orange peel in pictures but not sure if it really as bad as it looks. are the door jams and trunk painted as well? what color is it? can the hood be replaced with factory hood (83 or regular) if need be or will it not fit anymore? how are the frame rails? does the antenae function correctly?

all the original safety squipment still on the car and functional? YES

any condensation in the lights, cracks etc..? NO cracks or condensation and it rains alot in florida.

does the heat and defrost work? Yes!

i dont recall seeing AC,has everything been removed (including switching the interior duct to non ac)? Everything is attached, compressor leaks freon very slowly but its ice cold.

how good is the paint? i see orange peel in pictures but not sure if it really as bad as it looks. are the door jams and trunk painted as well? what color is it?

Paint is good, there are some chips/scratches, also it is bubbling in some areas (driver door) and it is cracking on the rear spoilers. Orange peel is because I never wet sand/ polish the car (final step) when the paint was done 3 years ago. If you wetsand/polish it will be as good as new.

are the door jams and trunk painted as well? what color is it?

Paint code is Octane blue (from 2008 EVO 8)- yes the door jams and trunk area is painted as well

can the hood be replaced with factory hood (83 or regular) if need be or will it not fit anymore? how are the frame rails? does the antenae function correctly?

The hood is just a stock hood with a 4" fiberglass cowl. The fiberglass is cracking where it meets the steel hood, and that is the nature of fiberglass when is bonded to steel it will eventually crack, it can be easily replaced with another hood of your choice. ( i may replace it soon )

how are the frame rails?

Frame Rails are solid, no rust ( original Arizona car)

does the antenae function correctly?

No the antenna is removed and replaced with a power antenna (installed on the roof where the rear windshield washer nozzle used to be)

Edited by desert_starion