Hernia surgery

white quest ky

Mine wasn't all that badbad.......your tail is pretty well kicked for the first 3-4 days or so. Getting out of bed will dang-near kill you. But then I went to Disneyland 7 days after mine. :)

Residual soreness for the next couple weeks, then you're ok.

I'm fairly fit, if you're heavy(plump)....they say it can take longer and hurt more.

Good luck, if you end up going in for it.

Turborusty

the bigger and older you are,, the longer I work with a guy that had it when he as about 25,,3 days later he was back at work,,,He is 51 and 100 lbs bigger now,, had the same thing done about a last Christmas and was off work 8 weeks

i had a double inguinal hernia....they laparoscopicaly fixed it by inserting mesh....it was EXTREMELY painful and the intense pain lasted for around 2-3 months.....and the dull pain didn't fade for 6-8 months iirc

i was 29 at the time and supposedly had one of the best surgeons in the state for the procedure.....

also...your "boys" may swell up to the size of softballs for a couple days a week or 2 after the surgery

i've talked to people who've had a different kind of hernia and said they were up and running after a few days no problem

That's correct, as far as (2) types. First a smaller tear in the "grissle/muscle" in which the tear/hole does not allow fat tissue, in rare cases internal parts to protrude through. the 2nd of course is the larger tear which does, it is called a "direct hernia." Neither are fun/great/etc. The 2nd however... is definitely not nice; visually nor health wise.

I have a double hernia. & hope to have surgery this summer for the later. Have put off the necessary for far too long. I'm hope'n for 7-10 days recoup time. GL to the both of us! ;)

Man, I remember waking up in recovery, felt like someone had kicked me in the jimmy. I remember it like it was yesterday and i was about 8 years old when I had surgery. But that was 30 some years ago, I am sure the procedure has been improved. Either way, just take it easy during recovery.

:) you best be glad it's done now not 25 yrs ago , lots of diff types of operations and problems that can be cause'd , one of the most common problems is strangulate'd arterys , those may not be noticeable for many years but one day will show up ,

me i had a real bad double hernia operation over 175 stiches per side 6 inch cut each side , they strangleate'd both iliac arterys , and it took nearly a yr for it to stop hurting and still once in a while hurt for several yrs afterward

blocking off arterys is more common in military field operations because they are in such a rush,, many times they go back in to redo the operation once in a real hospital , my brother had that problem one time in nam , have no clue why they didn't catch mine

another of my brothers had a small hernia done and he was back to work with in a week 1/4" or so cut

I had two when I was pretty young...I was fine in a few days like it never happened.

My dad on the other hand...he was no good for about 2 weeks or so and was sore for quite a while, and was about 40 at the time.

They say the older the longer it takes to heal. I don't know what kind either of us had, but...yea.

Good times had by all. Good luck!

I had a bilateral inguinal hernia surgery [that means I had two right next to eachother]. It sucked, and it took about 3 weeks for it to feel "all right". It'll take a month or more to feel somewhat normal. Take it easy and take a lot of rest. The AF paid for my surgery and also gave me like 50 Percocets.. you're going to need every bit of med to not feel the pain. Anyway, it's not horrendous, but you will feel bad for a few weeks. Try not to do any activities that will cause you pain in the abdomen area. Good luck! Edited by acidbath

DERN... following this thread has only made me wonder again... even starring down @ that "softball size" protrusion that nearly has taken over my privates for a very long time now? Geeeeeee can't wait to have surgery? :wacko: & although I think like a spring chicken, this ole rooster ain't got alot of yard left to strut... considering the deep path already worn throughout the yards? <_<