A possible stupid question about seats

Ono

So lets say you had two pair of seats, and both drivers sides were train wrecks. Could you put the rails from one of the bad seats on the pass seat and use that seat as a drivers seat? If you could live with the buttons on the wrong side, would it work?

I'm miles away from my car so I don't have anything to look at and see if the side plastic covers would marry up or not in order for it to look somewhat right.

I'm trying to be slick here and come up with a nice pair of rare seats.

Discuss........

It will work on 87 seats. IDK about other years.

BUT, your lap belt wont work since both parts will be on the same side. Technically illegal. If you have the manual belts then you wont have seat belts at all.

Edited by ucw458

Seat bottoms on all the seat syles are lefts/rights won't matter what you do with the tracks except for maybe the 83/84 std. seats I'd have to look again. The inner edge of all are more narrow than the outer because of the console. The levers on the backs can't be reversed without some work either and I don't think they can there are welded on pieces you'd have to cut off and reverse to the opposite sides. The tracks are the easy part and yes they will swap but not the levers to work them, those have parts welded on to make all that work.