manual boost controller problems. please help

hooked up my manual boost controller on the stock 12a as the faq stated. 1 goes to mbc then mbc to ovcp.

cap 2 and leave 3 open. it will boost to 10 psi in first gear hit second and it over boosts to 18-20psi. what is wrong?

let me be more specific so mabye someone will chime in. when i refered to 1 i ment the first port on the actuator (that used to go to the ovcp) now goes to the boost controller. the next port is capped off and the third port is left wide open.

anybody have any ideas on why this is happening ? the boost is not steady at all!

i set it back as far as possible, tried again. same thing even spikes further than 10 psi sometimes in first. could i have it hooked up wrong? i took the first line from the first port on the acuator to the back of the mbc then the ovcp to the front of the mbc.

sorry its a ams. i switched the lines so the ovcp went to the back of the boost controller and the first port on the actuator went to the front of the mbc. set up this way it didnt spike as badly but the boost was not steady as it bounced around alot .

This is the way the MBC should be connected. Your boost source should be coming from the OVCP. As for the wastegate actuator im assuming you have a 3 port correct? Leave the lower port open use one of the top 2 and cap the other of the top 2 you arent using.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/brute_nm/mbc2-1.jpg

And from googling Starion MBC install I found this

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3248/541/20617770103_large.jpg

Edited by RonnieJ

ok thanks, i have it backwards. my boost source is coming from the actuator and its sending boost to the ovcp. gonna switch it around tomorrow and see what happens. thanks.

To see a picture of how it is supposed to be hooked up to a Three-Port Waste gate go here:

Starquest FAQ Forum

Page Four

MBC and Three-Port Waste gate hook up by JAinsworth

Bill

Edited by Caliber308