1988 Auto Transmission w/50,740 miles

R.U.Serious

I bought this car from SQC member 1988QuestWV and had it shipped from WV to MA. This car sat for 14yrs and wasn't parked for engine or transmission issues. I drove the car a short distance which was about 3 blocks from the car transporter to my house and at that time the car was running very rich and I didn't notice or hear any transmission problems. The previous owner stated that when he drove the car about one mile to meet the car transporter that he didn't notice any issues as well.

1988 Auto Transmission w/50,740 miles

$250 + Shipping!

Since I'm being told in post#5 on what I should sell with the automatic trans.

Not a problem!!!!

ALSO INCLUDED W/TRANS IN BLUE!

Specifically, the torque converter, flywheel with front and rear plates, and rear engine bushing, which I may not know what that is. It is a required bushing at the rear of the engine in the center of the flywheel for automatics only.

Sold the engine on this post.

http://www.starquest...pic=128495&st=0

Pics of the car engine/trans that was removed on 3/11/12.

http://s78.photobuck...CONQUEST%20TSI/

If interested, I only accept PayPal or USPS money order.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by R.U.Serious

So why are you parting a car thats just running rich?

This car fourm IMO is to preserve these cars and keep them going.

Just seems like you are tearing apart a nice car for nothing.

I for one am not into these cars for profit, I like them for the body lines and how rare they are.

Edited by Ironside

Is the torque converter included? Flywheel with plates and engine bushing? If what you say is true, and you are removing it from a running engine, those items should be included.

So why are you parting a car thats just running rich?

This car fourm IMO is to preserve these cars and keep them going.

Just seems like you are tearing apart a nice car for nothing.

I for one am not into these cars for profit, I like them for the body lines and how rare they are.

So your not interested in buying the automatic transmission?

Thanks for looking!

So your not interested in buying the automatic transmission?

Thanks for looking!

It is nice to give a short explanation about why you decided to part it out. This site is dedicated to keeping these cars on the road and we don't prefer to contribute to someone's decision to part out a good running car.

Again, please list what is included in the transmission. specifically, the torque converter, flywheel with front and rear plate, and rear engine bushing which you may not know what that is. It is a required bushing at the rear of the engine in the center of the flywheel for automatic only.

Is the torque converter included? Flywheel with plates and engine bushing? If what you say is true, and you are removing it from a running engine, those items should be included.

Not a problem including / shipping to the potential buyer the "Torque converter, Flywheel with plates". When I received pm's from my other post about the transmission... I asked if them if they wanted me to include the torque converter etc.

Actually when the buyer of the engine picked it up yesterday...I forgot to ask him if he wanted the "engine bushings" for free. Have to give him a call.

Well, it is only the one bushing at the rear of the engine. It is fine to say the bushing is not included, but those are a bit rare unless one knows the exact size. It is usually best to keep it with the trans unless the new owner of the engine is also auto trans. There are 2 small, thin plates required with one on each side of the flywheel. Did those and the flywheel go with the engine too, or are they included with the trans?

You still need to list in your post whether or not the price for the trans includes the torque converter, flywheel, and those plates. You haven't answered those questions yet. Asking the person when they PM you, if they want them or not, doesn't say if you are including those in the price or not. Please state in black and white, everything that is included in the price you are asking.

I see your other engine sale post now. It has some info about why you are selling the engine and trans and that you want to do a engine swap.

It is nice to give a short explanation about why you decided to part it out. This site is dedicated to keeping these cars on the road and we don't prefer to contribute to someone's decision to part out a good running car.

Again, please list what is included in the transmission. specifically, the torque converter, flywheel with front and rear plate, and rear engine bushing which you may not know what that is. It is a required bushing at the rear of the engine in the center of the flywheel for automatic only.

Taking the high road!

The two of you chimed in and said "Parting Out" where in my postings that I said I'm parting out the car? Yes...I'm selling items that I'm not going to use for what I plan on doing with my car!!

No disrespect but your a moderator and have the right to tell me what I should sell with my transmission! Just for the sake of saying it...What if I didn't want to include those items!

But to appease you...their listed!

Thanks for looking!

• 5 months later...