Starquest hates newbies

Technicafade

Until you have spent upwards of $20,000 to $25,000 dollars on YOUR car----- Some have been owners for over 20 years.

Bill

:D 20 years and 20grand----I'M one of those guys----lol

gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

:D 20 years and 20grand----I'M one of those guys----lol

gig out

See. I was right :D It doesn't take long if your addicted like DMNDSTAR87 and myself are ;) Owning one of these cars is kind of like being addicted to drugs....Without the drugs. Every extra dollar you make goes into your Starquest. If you want to be that kind of owner,(Some are that kind and some are not) ;) You will find out the more you post on here, and the more committed you are in keeping the car and fixing it up......The more help you will receive from experienced members. You have to understand that a lot of us on here have spent countless hours trying to help new members. Only to have them sell their Starquest after a short period of time. I, and others don't mind helping new members. But, helping new members who only decide to have their car for a month because they don't want to do the work that is needed to get the car in running order.....Pisses the hell out of me because of the time I spent trying to help them. To me, it is like my driving down the road and throwing out money i.e. (knowledge) out the window.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

• 4 weeks later...

More flatty love! There seem to be a bunch of then popping up recently, which is awesome. Would love to see a video featuring the talking voice, I've never heard on before. Technica models are so damn cool :).

The voice is female not male like a lot of people assume because of some 80’s Chryslers having a similar function. I’ve heard the Chrysler version and it’s a lot more robotic and you kind of feel like your Dad is in the car bossing you around. After a while her voice just gets lost to you. I took her to an oil shop and all the kids there got a kick out of it. Because I’m so used to the car now I had nearly forgotten she’s always talking. I’ll post a video as soon as I get my new camera.

????? With your opening header and first sentence, I can see why experienced members don't want to help you. With a different opening header and statement in your first sentence, maybe. Try posting again ;)

Bill

I know it was an " In your face" header just wanted to attract some attention. I’ve seen some newbie’s with less than a few replies to theirs. I’m by no means rich or rude and it will take me a while to spend 20 grand on mine. She is in good running order and I do have two years of auto engine and pretty much being a mechanic to all my friends and family. So far the biggest problem she’s given me is the slave cylinder. I have no intention of selling her. I went into it not really knowing what to expect but to be honest from talking to other owners on other sites I feel a bit let down I’ve owned mustangs and the past and sold them because of the enthusiasts put me off with their “frat boy-fandom” of the car. I get a lot of that form wide body owners and. Luckily I’ve found an owner of a widebody not to far from me and to be honest his knowledge has helped me more times than I’d like to admit.

Welcome to the site!!

Lol... you're gonna have sift through the BS to get to the gold sometimes. Also, being in Cali it'll be harder to find cool cats... they're out there though. But that's why we have this club, to bring all kinds (almost lol) of owners together.

-Robert

• Like 1

How's everything coming with it ?

Good so far. The tires have been replaced and I'm looking into buying a set of widebody rims for her which also means a 5 lug conversion. the stance is just wrong with the flatty like a linebacker wearing ballerina slippers. She will have to go through a Cal smog in Nov so i'm going to have to replace the first catalytic converter because I can hear that it is out. once the car is smoged though i'm looking forward to doing some cheap and simple bolt on mods that can be removed before the next smog. here in california we now have smog check points I kid you not. but the chances of running into one are slim and there are groups notifying people. I'm also still looking for an engine to rebuild just to have one on hand when her miles out run her bearings.