Mesh Inserts for Airdams

Burton

Here's another great product from Burton's Customs that will be available all the time.

These are made from thick, high quality aluminum mesh. No thin wire mesh or plastic mesh here! They go in behind the openings of the airdam to give you a sportier look, and can also help hide all the parts of the car behind the airdam that are always a pain to keep clean...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/100_2159.JPG

There are two ways to install these. You can either drill small holes close to the edge of the openings and use the wireties included in the kit.....

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/100_2135.JPG

or you can glue them on with some sort of strong, semi-flexible adhesive like silicone caulk, epoxy, Liquid Nails, etc (not included in the kit)...

The kit comes with installation instructions that detail both options, so you can choose which way works best for you. These kits also include more than enough zipties to anchor the pieces wether you want to drill as few holes in the airdam as possible, or you want to drill many. Personally, I drilled as few as holes as possible. It doesn't take many to hold these pieces on well.

I am offering a choice of ziptie colors. I currently have them in Black, White, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Orange.

I am also offering a choice mesh finish. I have it in Silver (raw aluminum), Chrome, Black, and Silver Mini-Mesh...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/100_2188.JPG

Prices will be as follows...

Just the two small opening pieces- $8 shipped.

The whole kit with the side openings and the IC opening pieces- $25 shipped

Payments can be made thru Paypal to....

markewade@gmail.com

When you purchase, please specify which mesh finish and which ziptie color you want, as well as your user name here on the site. If no specification is made, you will recieve Silver mesh and White zipties.

Thanks!

Edited by Burton

Not sure what you mean by aperture, but the side openings on the 3 piece airdam are slightly smaller. The mesh pieces are cut with enough excess that they are big enough to be used on any year airdam, but the excess will not need to be trimmed if they are used on a 3 piece airdam, because the excess does not get in the way of installation.

I have checked the size of these on all airdams except the 83, and they should work fine on any of the years I checked.

Edited by Burton

• 1 month later...

Updated the first post with some better pictures, and now offer more choices for mesh and ziptie colors.

Oh, and I slapped a couple pieces on my rear airdam to make it match the front ;)

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/100_2158.JPG

None at all. I've done mesh inserts on SQs as well as other cars, and I have never had a problem with any of that stuff on any car. The small openings I used 2 zipties, and the IC opening I used 5. You might get away with 3 in the IC opening if you wanted to give it a shot.

I have mesh pieces on my Kia Forte, and each piece is about the same size as the SQ IC opening piece, and those pieces on the Kia are held on with 2 zipties each and I've never had a problem, not even in an automatic car wash.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more interest in these here. I put a listing up on Ebay a couple days ago for these at $33, and already sold two sets LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...