88 Quest 360 swap!

flatblack87

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving this. I abandoned the idea of an LA/Magnum V8 due to a lack of (easily affordable) transmissions. Here's to hoping the AX15 holds. I did later find out that the MA5 trans in the Solstice, Sky, and Colorado are a new-age version of the AX, Toyota R- and W-, and the NV3500 (all built by Aisin-Warner), and from the research I've done, should be a bolt-in alternative, excluding input shaft size and spline count. I see the MA5 holding well behind 500+whp LSx engines, and several have spoken of their strength being miles ahead of even the venerable R154 Supra box. Just a bit of info to consider.

Good info on the Dakota flywheel and balance spacer, I'd have never even considered that as an option. What will you be using for a clutch?

Thanks for the info on the trans, it looks like the bell would fit the 6g72,

which makes sense, being its from a Dodge.

• 8 months later...
last year the car was mid 12s with a slipping clutch and bald street tires, ive just come up with another parts car to repair some wiring issues and im building a 727 auto for it. 3400 stall, full manual valve body, wanting to run low 12s with the car!

i built an entire new tunnel for the car to fit my 5 speed trans into it, so that shouldnt be an issue Edited by flatblack87

i built an entire new tunnel for the car to fit my massive 5 speed trans into it, so that shouldnt be an issue

Are you talking about the ax-15?