Gooch 87 conquest completely stock

ineedarandomname

ya, already went through most of that so not sure why you posted a link to it. A better link to post would be "The metal head gasket and your hoquest, what boost levels you can run safely." That would be something I need and haven't looked for yet, Granted this is not a DSM where I can run whatever boost levels I want, and now it's time for work

ya, already went through most of that so not sure why you posted a link to it. A better link to post would be "The metal head gasket and your hoquest, what boost levels you can run safely." That would be something I need and haven't looked for yet, Granted this is not a DSM where I can run whatever boost levels I want, and now it's time for work

Because you didn't give any details, all you said was that you bought a Starquest and are looking for what to do next

Plus, the boost level you run depends on what turbo you are running, again, you didn't give any details

About the max boost for a 12a is 15psi if you want it to last sure you can run 20 but itll kill the turbo and t

It's way behind the limits of that turbo. And as far as other turbo's it really depends what you have done to you car and if you wanna run big turbos your gonna need away to run more many ppl run maft to get away to tune it. It pretty simple and you can run about 20psi put of a 16g with it. I would say get a wideband before you touch the boost at all though. I run 15psi on my 12a and its super rich under boost and its all my DD

What I need to know is the head gasket, on a DSM you can run up to 28-34psi max. on 4 layer metal head gasket, Not looking for infomation on tuning or turbos right now, I understand the eff. and how forced induction works. What I need is that since the head and the pistions are the weak points on these motors, how high of boost levels can be run and safely? I'm not running a FP 3065 turbo which isn't good below 30psi, just need to know that the engine can handle?

I will agree a wideban is a wonderful tool for tuning. Also has anyone had luck with a potentiometer wired to a 1g MAF.

Not to sure about the headgasket. I know the heads crack pretty easy cause of the jet vavles. I've herd only 14psi with a stock head cause of the jet vavles however I have no idea if there is any truth to that. They do make jet vavle emilnation kits which is pretty much a long bolt. Some people run 20psi through the stock head and never have it crack while others who never raised the boost have them crack I just thinlk it depends on luck lol. You can buy clearwater or Odessa heads off ebay and they can handle a good amount of boost. Also about the head gasket dad sells a metal one you could talk to him he should know how much boost. He always makes an amazing head but you will pay a pretty pent for them. And as far as bottom ends and stock pistons they are pretty strong quite a few have reached over 300whp with stock pisto Edited by One_n_only