next question... fans

cad

both of my radiator fans would not come on so

the smaller fan on the i was able to get to come on with some creative rewiring

however the larger one will not come on ... i see 3 wires in the clip ... sending power to the larger wire i get no power out of the black or the red wire

the condenser fan is pretty obvious. one wire in one wire out

so question one... the smaller fan has 4 wires and only 2 (pos - ground) will get the fan to come on

what are the other 2 wires???

second question... the larger fan has 3 wires .... what are they ? im assuming since i cant get 12v out of any of them my fan is bad?

eh, better question would be, Why are all three fans not turning like they should? The cooling system works best in stock form, the way it was meant to. Of course, some modifications can be made like setting it up so that all three fans come at the same time when the engine reaches temperature.

Did you check to see why the fans are not working like they should?

The sensors in the bottom tank are just switches that ground out. The radiator bolts to the car and the fan bolts to the radiator and there's a ground lead from the wiring under some bolts. If those connections are dirty your fans won't work. If the sensors are dead they won't come on so just pull the wire off and ground it and the fan, with the ignition key on, should turn on. The lead to the fan comes through a fuse link and uses a relay that the sensor activates, don't try and remove all that its not going to get you anything better and the relays don't burn out and you must have the fuse and it comes back to a dirty ground or a dead motor and many primary fan motors these days are just burned out.