BOV question

greatscot72

I bought a hard pipe wiyh a TurboXS BOV off of here last week. I installed it at the weekend, but now i have a couple of newbie/ mechanically challenged questions. I assume the sensor on the stock OVCP is an O2 sensor, the hardpipe i put on doesnt have a port so i just disconnected it at the throttle body and the car seems to run fine without it. Should i try to to weld a port on there or just leave it off?

The second question i have is, the BOV doesn't make a sound (a bit dissapointing really) there is the little nipple on the end and i assume a vac line attaches here but where does it go from there?

I know these are newbie questions but any advice i can get on this would be great.

Thanks Lonnie.

The item you unplugged on your 86 is a air temp sensor and i would be getting a threaded bung welded into your new ovcp before you get it back on the road , this sensor is used solely on 86 and pre 86 cars and you really need it.

Im guessing you have a Turbo xs RFL bov , the port on the bov is going to be tapped in using to one of the ports under the throttle body as described in the FAQ above or you can use a vac source from the manifold , if you look behind the tb on the manifold on 5 speed cars its blocked off with a little threaded plug , on automatic cars this is a vac source for the auto transmissions , you can use this also and is a very strong and independent source of vacuum , you can find what you need to screw into that hole at a Home depot plumbing dept , the port on your ovcp will be going to the port on your wastegate accuator at the turbo. Scotty. Edited by SOTTY

Scotty, oh man i appreciate it, because i couldn't find it in the FAQ about that air temp sensor. But probably because i didn't know that's what it was :huh: . I'll get the threade bung welded on asap. Now as for the BOV, i read the FAQ and tapped into the vac on the back of the throttle body closest to the firewall like it said and still not a sound from the BOV. So i took the BOV off used a scrap of vac line and air from the shop compressor and tested it and it worked just fine. So now i'm going back to the shop to see if i tied into the wrong vac line. If so i'll replace it and try the source that your on about.

Cheers as usual for all your help man. Congrats on the wedding news. Lonnie.