Couple questions

Spooled_Starion

Need sto be at 10 BTDC

im assuming you are checking vacuum on the stock boost/vac gauge? If so you need to know now that that gauge is super inaccurate and should probably get an aftermarket if you plan on upping the boost at all.

Need sto be at 10 BTDC

im assuming you are checking vacuum on the stock boost/vac gauge? If so you need to know now that that gauge is super inaccurate and should probably get an aftermarket if you plan on upping the boost at all.

So basically I pull the vacuume line off of the vaccume advance and plug the vacuume line, turn the knob on the timing light to zero, adjust distributer until it lines up on 10 BTDC, then tighten down distributer, then reattach vacuume line and it's good? But yes I plan on getting an aftermarket autometer vacuume/boost gauge in the factory location sometime in the near future.

So basically I pull the vacuume line off of the vaccume advance and plug the vacuume line, turn the knob on the timing light to zero, adjust distributer until it lines up on 10 BTDC, then tighten down distributer, then reattach vacuume line and it's good? But yes I plan on getting an aftermarket autometer vacuume/boost gauge in the factory location sometime in the near future.

Engine coolant should be at 95F or greater to avoid 5 degrees advance from cold start timing control.

High altitude compensation plug doesn't need to be disconnected and grounded,

because in Medford Oregon the higest elevation is only 1,382 ft (421 m)

Vacuum advance could be tested with negative pressure w/ a hand pump,

to make sure it is working after setting the distributor timing.

ISC/TPS should be checked after (re)-setting curb idle speed, since the ISC maintains idle speed.

• Like 1