Any thoughts?

Spooled_Starion

So as in my previous post stated my catalytic converter caught fire, now my car won't start. It cranks but never starts, I'm getting spark, I assume I am getting fuel (don't know how to check pump and don't have mechanical gauge to test pressure). The last two changes I made to the car was a MSD blaster 2 coil, and changed timing from 20* to 10* BTDC. Got on freeway, car started bucking severely, lost all power to motor, pulled over, cat on fire, towed home next day, now it won't start at all. Oh and same night a vacuum line got rubbed in half by a drive belt somehow. Any way those could have blown the head gasket??? I'm checking the cylinder compression on Monday but last check gave me 110-110-110-120

I will say a completely clogged cat will prevent a car from running well, and I suppose if it was bad enough it would prevent it from running. I bought a non running SQ once and when it would finally run it wouldnt run above 700 rpms and seemed to have a huge restriction right after the turbo. replaced the precat with a downpipe and it ran like a charm. Weird stuff happens sometimes.

try adding an alternative fuel ( propane or carb cleaner )

and see if it starts

do you have a back pressure gauge to screw in the o2 sensors hole ?

also the like stated above the compression numbers are low but it should still start with those numbers

Edited by RobH