One more mesquite thread

BOOSTED88tsi

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to, Scotty dizzzont, Len (dry bear), and diego (star240z). As most of you know we all went drifting on saturday night. On about the 10th or so run my powersteering pulley completely seperated itself. Thanks to gm for making there pulleys out of plastic! Any way scott gets on his phone hella fast and figures out a way to bypass it with a shorter belt, only problem is that the autozone is 17 miles away and there was no real verification of it working. I jb welded (im certified don't trip lol) the pulley back together and got to the autozone. Went in got the belt and with the help of digeo and len's tools we had the car fixed in like 10 minutes. We left the intake off just to start the car and make sure the belt didn't go flying. Started fine, shut it off to put the intake on and leave. Throw the intake on, start the car and nothing! Cranks for days but no starty. Check all my gauges and i have 0 psi of fuel pressure at the rail. Check the ecu, its got power. Check the fuel pump fuse, its good. Bypass the fuel pump relay, still nothing. Take the access cover off the top of the tank hit the fuel pump hella times and nothing. I went to go see if it was out of gas, scott calls me to tell me he hit the pump and finally got it to turn on. We were all like , what are the chances of the pump going bad at an autozone!. Its around 1130 pm btw, and THANKFULLY the autozone we were at was 24 hours, GO VEGAS haha. So we cut the access hole bigger cause i sure as hell wasn't about to drop the tank. Change the pump with an airtex that was the last one autozone had in stock, go to start the car and HAVE ZERO FUEL PRESSURE! At this point i wanted to blow the damn thing up. then i start checking everything again, unplug the harness thats in the trunk which leads to the pump (which i had done about 10 times before pulling the old pump) and then it kicks on. I was heated but happy that it was working. We all hadn't eaten since about 12 pm and now it was about 1 am so we found a chinese food place and got our nom on. Leave the restaurant cruise to the freeway, miss the onramp for I-15 so we go to get off and turn around and the car shuts off. I literally wanted to die. The fact that i got about an hour of sleep the night before from having a horrible cold wasn't helping either. We got stuck at a light while all the other cars went though it. Diego,mario and i pushed the car to the gas station and starting pulling everything from the trunk. I wiggle all the wires by the pump and it kicks on when i touch the little clip thats on top, so you can drop the tank.Touch it again and it shuts off. Cut that POS out and butt connect the two wires that go to it together and its been fine since. All i wanted to stay was thanks again for the help to scott, diego and len. Cause without them my car would probably be sitting in vegas right now. now where all all the pics and vids from Drifitng!

Cliff notes, scotty don't, dry bear, and star 240z are beasts!

pump in there was definitely still good! Yup forsure a good outcome. Scott and i went drifting last night again at the local track and didn't have any major issues. Its been awhile for me since thats happened lol.