SOLD

SHANNON

86 with 56000 miles and it is super clean red $6000

87 with 98000 miles and has no rust and runs grate no problrms silver two toned $3500

88 with 55000 miles auto no rust hedder panal is dented and tare in bumper but looks fine $3500 SOLD

89 with 31000 miles and is super nice white auto $8000

87 with 37000 miles in grate shape seets are alitle dry and paint is not perfect black $3500 SOLD

87 with 98000 miles with a rod nock but runs silver two toned silver no rust $2000

88 with no moter but have the moter rebilt and is blsck with tan int $2000

all have no rust cash onley all cars are wide body

http://minneapolis.c...2607458373.html. http://s670.photobuc...sconquest/index

these are all the picks i have right now will try to up load more apone request

Edited by SHANNON

all

Will the 87 with 37K make it to NC with no issue? I'd fly out and drive it to NC

i would think so but they are getting old i need to see if it needs a new radiator cap i think it was boling over last time i had it out but was not hot.hope that helps

Edited by SHANNON

Will the 87 with 37K make it to NC with no issue? I'd fly out and drive it to NC

Do not buy from him yet, Maybe not yet...

I am the one who bought a 88 silver tsi(auto)with 55000miles from him 10 days ago

I took an air plane from NJ to Minnea polis to pick up the car and drive back to NJ

If he said there was any issue i definitly did not go there with paying for 400 air fee

But i did after he said everything fine many times,

I kept asking him if the car had any major problem and he confirmed every thing is just fine

He was the club member so i trusted and took a plane.

But it was not. definitly not. car had very obious OD function issue, engine RPM does not drop and stay 3500 at around 60~70Miles speed

everytime i turn left or light signal, RPM goes 1000 high and and the RPM needle is up and down until make it off

wifer stocked in front of my eyes

there was a another issue which is turbo issues(seems like collant leaking into turbo) i seebunch of white smog

when i got the car, I did not see the white smog except engine temperature was very high but i figured out that there was no collant at all in my car after couple of ours driving back to my town. so I bought collant and fill it out.

and I noticed that there were bunch of smogs

Dash board was opened already and got a lot of coffee stain inside of glass( i do not know this part name it is not glass but clear plastic)

In addition, I could not register the car yet and waiting for his duplicate title

He put his name instead of mine on the back side of the title where buyers info should be

inside of his parents car was dark and i got very bad vision ( partly my fault too but i never seen IA title in my life so i just did nothing but exchangin My $3400 cash with his title)

I arrived Minninea polis airport at midnight AND HE BROUGHT HIS parents so i could not make them wait for long time until i finished test the car

So, i asked him promise to me that if there was any tranny or major engine issue found while i comming back to NJ, he has to $500 back to me to fix that. and he promised that in front his parents.

Before I leave back to NJ with the car we took short test drive.

He took a wheel one way, and i supposed took the wheel when we come back to place where his parents waitng.

But when it was my turn to take a wheel. he suddenly refused to give me the wheel with the reason of which he is not famillia with the road. somethng strange, but there was nothing to do.

Now i guess at the moment OD was not working..( I reserve this judgement because it is not fact but my opinion yet)

I do not know yet what kinfd of problem the car has exactly .

I just gave up my 88 black tsi( AUTO) month ago (after posting here looking for rear differential.. )with similar tranny and engine problem.

And i really did not want to go same terrable experience again.

I do not know yet if i am lucky buyer with easy fixable problems or made another terrble mistake.

I will post continue this issue after i check this car with trannny shop and general mecanic.

Of course i have to register this car first because i am still waiting for duplicate title. Jesus!!!

YK

PS

The worst part was mileage it was around 17 per gallan while i drive back to my town because of Bad OD fuction

It took me 30 hours back to NJ.I was so worried when RPM stays over 4000 with 70mile speed.

So i had to stay around 60 mile speed alot of time

After all thisbad experience i called him if he had known all those issues. ... He said no..

OK he might be right for not knowing all those issues. but as long as he uses turn signal, there is noway he misses that RPM goes 1000 high and needle is starting dancing up and down. even at aroun 30~40 miles.He said he had 7 of those cars so, rarely driven the car and does not know about TSI &Starion well. I hope he did not really know all these issues and i was just unlucky.

I drove TSI since 1994 this will be my 4th tsi

I love this car too much to take an air plane to buy it.

I thought it was worth to flight 1500 miles away to buy TSI, because i trusted this seller's words too much.

Guys !!!!! Wait for my next post about the experience with this club seller. i wnat to see how he handle his words he made in front of his parents

I expect normal problem for this car we know this is very old car.

But we also know this cat is hard to fix automatic tranny problem, and electrical problems specially.

for last 3 years i rebuild tranny 2times ( both were related with gear shifting and OD problem), TB rebuild, differential,,, and did so many try and finally gave up last month .

I really can not take same path for hell again.and hope not....

Thanks for reading

Edited by fromji

Do not buy from him yet, Maybe not yet...

I am the one who bought a 88 silver tsi(auto)with 55000miles from him 10 days ago

I took an air plane from NJ to Minnea polis to pick up the car and drive back to NJ

If he said there was any issue i definitly did not go there with paying for 400 air fee

But i did after he said everything fine many times,

I kept asking him if the car had any problem and he confirmed every thing is just fine

He was the club member so i trusted and took a plane.

But it was not. definitly not. car had very obious OD function issue, engine RPM does not drop and stay 3500 at around 60~70Miles speed

everytime i turn left or light signal, RPM goes 1000 high and and the RPM needle is up and down until make it off

wifer stocked in front of my eyes

there was a another issue which is turbo issues(seems like collant leaking into turbo) i seebunch of white smog

dash board was opened alreadyand got a lot of coffee stain inside of glass( i do not know this part name it is not glass but clear plastic)

In addition, I could not register the car yet and waiting for his duplicate title

He put his name instead of mine on the back side of the title where buyers info should be

in the his parents car, dark and i got very bad vision ( partly my fault too but i never seen IA title in my life so i just did nothing but exchangin My $3400 cash with his title)

I arrived Minninea polis air port at midnight AND HE BROUGHT HIS parents so i could not make them wait long until i finish test the car

So, i asked him promise to me that if there is any tranny or major engine issue found while i comming back to NJ, he has to $500 back to me to fix that. and he promised that in front his parents.

Before I leave back to NJ with the car we took short test drive.

He took a wheel one way, and i supposed took the wheel when we come back to place where his parents waitng.

But when it was my turn to take a wheel. he suddenly refused to give me the wheel with the reason of which he is not famillia with the road. somethng strange, but there was nothing to do.

Now i guess at the moment OD was not working..( I reserve this judgement because it is not fact but my opinion yet)

I do not know yet what kinfd of problem the car has exactly .

I just gave up my 88 black tsi( AUTO) month ago (after posting here looking for rear differential.. )with similar tranny and engine problem.

And i really did not want to go same terrable experience again.

I do not know yet if i am lucky buyer with easy fixable problems or made another terrble mistake to believe culb member

I will post continue this issue after i check this car with trannny shop and general mecanic.

Of course i have to register this car first because i am still waiting for duplicate title. Jesus!!!

YK

PS< The worst part was mileage it was around 17 per gallan while i drive back to my town because of Bad OD fuction

It took me 30 hours back to NJ.I was so worried when RPM stays over 4000 with 70mile speed.

So i had to stay around 60 mile speed alot of time

After all thisbad experience i called him if he had known all those issues. ... He said no..

OK he might be right for not knowing all those issues. but as long as he uses turn signal, there is noway he misses that RPM goes 1000 high and needle is starting dancing up and down. even at aroun 30~40 miles.He said he had 7 of those cars so, rarely driven the car and does not know about TSI &Starion well. I hope he did not really know all these issues and i was just unlucky.

I drove TSI since 1994 this will be my 4th tsi

I love this car too much to take an air plane to buy it.

I thought it was worth to flight 1500 miles away to buy TSI, because i trusted this seller's words too much.

Guys !!!!! Wait for my next post about the experience this club seller. i wnat to see hoew he handle his words he made in front of his parents

I expect normal problem for this car we know this is very old car.

But we also know this cat is hard to fix automatic tranny problem, and electrical problems specially.

for last 3 years i rebuild tranny 2times ( both were related with gear shifting and OD problem), TB rebuild, differential,,, and did so many try and finally gave up last month .

I really can not take same path for hell again.and hope not....

Thanks for reading

sorry to hear about your ordeal. I used to have the same issue with the OD on a Quest that I had a while back. Try changing the Temperature switch on the Thermostat housing. I beleive it is the 2-prong one. it is more than likely bad. I had some great help from Shelby at the time. I was looking to see if I could see some old posts on this to help guide you but could not find them on the site. But once you change the switch that should solve your OD problem.

Hope this helps.

fromji, that was pretty painful to read; in more ways than one. I hope all works for you. Keep us posted.

fromji, that was pretty painful to read; in more ways than one. I hope all works for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks, I will keep post progres for the club members

Edited by fromji

sorry to hear about your ordeal. I used to have the same issue with the OD on a Quest that I had a while back. Try changing the Temperature switch on the Thermostat housing. I beleive it is the 2-prong one. it is more than likely bad. I had some great help from Shelby at the time. I was looking to see if I could see some old posts on this to help guide you but could not find them on the site. But once you change the switch that should solve your OD problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, After i register the car, i will check what you suggest me. thanks once again

In addition, if you can find out the old post, Please let me know.

Edited by fromji

paragraphs and complete sentences are your friends. Yeah I would not expect a 3-4 grand 25 year old car to be without issues and you should not either.

There is a big difference between expecting no issues and being lied to.......

paragraphs and complete sentences are your friends. Yeah I would not expect a 3-4 grand 25 year old car to be without issues and you should not either.

of course i expected issues. we know this one is very old

However, before I buy plane ticket I clearly inform you that i do not want your car if the car has tranny problem or major engine issue

I explained to you why i gave up my black Tsi and i never wanted to start problem finding puzzle with TSi.

Tsi was my joy and i like that.

however tsi was hell for last 2~3 years if you see my post in here for last 2~3 years were really hell to me

I gave up my black one after i spend couple thousands dollars last year only.

At first, it did not shift early after starting and getting worse finally never shift.

In those period someone said there is somewhere engine pressure leaking. so i rebuild TB.

still same problem... another change catalic converter for turbo leaking .. nothing was working ...so many time and money i put for last 2~3 years

I am not mechanic, but i know how much money and time i have to put to fix this car right,specially when the problem is related tranny and engine.

Thats why i kept asking you before i buy plane ticket that you have to let me know if there is any such kind od issues and you said NO NO NO

If i did not feel you lied much to me,, probably i did not put this posting

I do not have much time to write this kind of writing everyday.

But what you are saying is totaly wrong.

I think you have to apology first about you did not mention about OD bad fuction and turbo leaking issues.

Second, as you promised to me in front of your parents, you have to do something if i have tranny or engine issues.

Its up tp you

Even though you do not do anything, there is nothing for me can do for taking all this back except calling you and say "sun of XXX"

But i am not going to do. because it does not help anything.

Buy the way, i finally got the title this afternoon

However, i fail initial inspection after register the car due to the emmision problem.

He said two much collant is burning and maybe head gasket problem or turbo is leaking.

He found white stain on the turbo gasget area and he believes turbo problem rather than head gasket.

i could not fix the problem right away, so i paid extra $150 and he maid it pass i do not know how he does, but i know for sure at least turbo is leaking along with tranny OD bad function.

I will send you inspection result via e mail if you let me know your email ad.

Tomorrow, i will try what club member suggest and if it is not wirking i will go to tranny shop for check.

I can not drive this one with such a stupid milage. OD fixing is the issue i have to fix right away.

YK

Edited by fromji

Continue from my initial posting that " do not buy from him at least not yet.....

I finally got the title this afternoon

However, i failed initial inspection after register the car due to the emmision problem.

He said two much collant is burning and maybe head gasket problem or turbo is leaking.

He found white stain on the turbo gasget area and he believes collant is going into turbo rather than head gasket.

I could not fix the problem right away, so i paid extra $150 and he maid it pass. I do not know how he does ( He did once for my black one 2 month ago), but i know for sure is that the car i bought from had at least turbo problem along with tranny OD bad function.

Tomorrow, i will try what club member suggested in the post and if it is not working i will go to tranny shop for check.

I can not drive this one with such a stupid milage. OD fixing is the issue i have to do something right away.

Also if there is anyone who has good turbo let me know.

Thanks,

Edited by fromji

• 2 weeks later...