Valve Seal Problem

Keben

Hello, I recently bought an 86' Starion with a smoking problem. Upon inspection, I noticed that the intake valve seal on one of the cylinder was broken off. The valve seal it self is not broken or anything, but the nub where the valve seal goes on is broken from the head. I was wondering if I needed a new head or is that piece part of the valve guide? Pic of the problem PS. The gray stuff is JB weld.

Hello, I recently bought an 86' Starion with a smoking problem. Upon inspection, I noticed that the intake valve seal on one of the cylinder was broken off. The valve seal it self is not broken or anything, but the nub where the valve seal goes on is broken from the head. I was wondering if I needed a new head or is that piece part of the valve guide? Pic of the problem PS. The gray stuff is JB weld.

yeah looks like you need a new sleeve. That is why your car is smoking. Yeah you need to get that sleeve replaced. might as well replace all of them while your at it.

Guides broken off, that will smoke like a train. gotta pull the head and find out why it broke... thats odd.

Dad