headlight issue after new radiator

OutKastGT

So I got a new *DM radiator and installed it, and now headlights come on, but don't flip up! I can see them on inside, they just don't flip up. I had a blown fuse in the cab for the pop-up and replace it, no luck. Headlights worked perfect till the radiator install, any ideas? :huh:

in the process of installing the radiator, you probably bumped one of the headlight wires into another at open spots and shorted the circuit out. Did you blow the replacement fuse? If so, my vote is a short in the pop up wiring.

-Justin

Come on now Ken, everybody knows our lights are all vacuum driven. And if that doesn't fix it you gotta check your blinker fluid.

I've heard bad muffler bearings can cause this. ;)

Keep the BS in the BS section. I know you can be nice and/or helpful, everyone's got to learn and this is the place to do it.

-Robert

Keep the BS in the BS section. I know you can be nice and/or helpful, everyone's got to learn and this is the place to do it.

-Robert

Yessir!

My apologies to the OP.

Anyways, check the wiring harness around the radiator. Did you by chance make a bracket for the top and screw it into the crossbar? I understand some of the wiring runs under this and you may have grounded a wire.

Thanks for all the replies. I already cleaned and checked all the fusible links and grounds. I will be tearing into the harness by the radiator to see what I messed up today. Some of these replies have been entertaining, atleast it keeps my mind off the bs that's wrong with my car! :lol:

We're just playin a little. Push and release the popup button on the hazard side of the cluster. They gum up too.

Better yet, pull them out and clean all the contacts.

Better yet, pull them out and clean all the contacts.

Cleaned switches left and right, I have power at the popup relays too, how do I test the motors themselves? There is four wires at the motor( black, blue, red, and yellow) some tell me what should be hot key off on etc.

Did you by any chance remove the grill? if you used too long of a screw to secure it or if there is something bent it will catch on the headlights and they wont come up.

I did not remove the grill, and this is driving me nuts! There are two switches on the dash that raise the lights and neither work, also when you pull on the turn signal lever they should raise up. :wacko:

Wiggle that fuse you put in and see if it affects anything. Sometimes the tangs in the fuse box bend away and the blades on the fuses won't make contact.

I shall try that, that's about the only thing I haven't tried. If it doesn't work I shall start from the pop-up motors and work my way back towards the relays! :unsure:

I shall try that, that's about the only thing I haven't tried. If it doesn't work I shall start from the pop-up motors and work my way back towards the relays! :unsure:

Well that didn't work! Guess I'm gonna work my way towards relays! :mad:

Well that didn't work! Guess I'm gonna work my way towards relays! :mad:

I had to have shorted a wire somewhere by the radiator! Just got to find it, the car won the battle today, but the war will continue tomorrow! :D