Anti Americans... The UK.

Komeuppance

Hoo boy. :rolleyes:

Come on man, it takes nano seconds on the shift button to put in the appropriate capital letters formal or not.

I don't use capital letters unless I'm writing something in a formal format, I don't see a need to use them for any other reason.

Boom ! Done!

Jus' sayin'! ^_^

hey! my nano seconds are important to me!

- However, to make you happy; I shall use capital letters for this particular sentence. I have hereby declared that these nano seconds be dedicated to your reading satisfaction. I hope in the future, that we can have a grammar and punctuation correct conversation. Boom! Done!

lol =)

the UK has always taken pride in their communication and "proper english" where as we americans take pride in making communication unique to each person and region. a new yorker taking a trip to the bayou in lousiana wont understand a damn thing lol.

different strokes for different folks!

Blimey how do they owe up to this eh ??

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/kuhl1/cockney-lp.jpg

http://www.aldertons.com/english-.htm

You yanks don't speak the proper english...You need proper british teeth to talk proper..

http://rdmblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bad-teeth.jpg

http://britishteeth.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/amy-winehouse1.jpg

hey! my nano seconds are important to me!

- However, to make you happy; I shall use capital letters for this particular sentence. I have hereby declared that these nano seconds be dedicated to your reading satisfaction. I hope in the future, that we can have a grammar and punctuation correct conversation. Boom! Done!

lol =)

like i said from the get go im sorry i had to use you as an example but being the product of a british education i cant for the life of me understand why millions of americans dont use capital letters and appropriate punctuation marks. in a conversation i recently had with some high school kids i was horrified to learn english grammar is no longer taught in many american schools, thats terrible. :angry:

i thank you for dedicating those nano seconds to the cause i really appreciate it! ^_^:P :lol: :D

colin B)

PS I do look forward to future interaction with you on this fine forum.

PPS I used to be SQC's resident spelling Nazi but I gave up on that. Don't start me on that subject! :rolleyes:

Edited by carguygibby

Don't forget us Scots. Nobody screws with the English language like we do. My brother SOTTY, greatscot72 and I could hold a complete conversation and none of you would understand a word!

grammar and stuff

Grammar is actually taught in American schools, but the teachers don't actually use that word when teaching it. What you're most likely seeing is that students are learning that school is all about memorization for tests and then purging their memory so they can move on to things that they actually want to do. It's a problem the American system has because of our need to have metrics for every possible thing so that somebody higher up can look good and get more money.

If it helps, I'm part of a huge forum that regularly bans users who can't seem to use punctuation, grammar, or those who love to use "AOL" speak. It's wonderful.

Don't forget us Scots. Nobody screws with the English language like we do. My brother SOTTY, greatscot72 and I could hold a complete conversation and none of you would understand a word!

you must watch the relaity show " swamp people" if you want to see real american spoken :)

Officially most of them are correct with there messages. American schools do not teach proper English which the Brtis speak, which our country was founded with, we are taught American English. It's like comparing our Imperial measuring system to there metric, they are two completely different things. Our education system is terrible compared to the UKs system. As for some of the other comments, sorry UK but we are American and we have our own swag.

Quite. American schools are horrid indeed. Oh and must remind myself to go shopping. It's been a fortnight since I went. Need to load up the shopping trolley with bikkies...

Quite. American schools are horrid indeed. Oh and must remind myself to go shopping. It's been a fortnight since I went. Need to load up the shopping trolley with bikkies...

In Scotland "go shopping" is "go for the messages"

Don't ask me why!

:huh:

a new yorker taking a trip to the bayou in lousiana wont understand a damn thing lol.

different strokes for different folks!

My Geordi cousin has the same issue with Brummies.

Edited by Austin88ESiR