3D Printing

MidMoTSI

That is totally not the wrench he brought with him. Look at the hanging ring on the handle.

One of my friends is into 3d printing. He said there is quiet a bit more work than they show to make moving parts.

Edited by Cloud81918

Don't know how well I'll trust a moving part, but for plastic gears it's workable. Interesting to see where this technology will go if they continue to develop it.

That's all great and loosk good, until you look at the cost of a 3d printer. The bottom of the line 3d printer is somewhere around $15k. And those are very slow. It would take around 12 hours to make that wrench. That setup they had prolly cost some where around $200k, or more.

That is totally not the wrench he brought with him. Look at the hanging ring on the handle.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

That's all great and loosk good, until you look at the cost of a 3d printer. The bottom of the line 3d printer is somewhere around $15k. And those are very slow. It would take around 12 hours to make that wrench. That setup they had prolly cost some where around $200k, or more.

No you can get some that are a bout a 3rd of that cost. Z machines are expensive. But there are others that a consumer level at 3K or so. There are even some hobbist level machines that can be built for less than 1K. Those machines are not as capable as a Z Machine, but they can be used to make less complex parts for test fitting and loss molding.