tire time

claurance2

Well it's time for front tires again and thank god the rear aren't too bad yet but it won't be much longer for them. It looks like our options are declining every year for those 245's. Did a search on deltitire.com 4 tires popped up just crazy.

Where you pick them up from? How is the ride quality?

I'm on Eibachs and like hard rides. It works for me. I'm probably jnot a good source for that info.

I bought them from a local Firestone that gives me pretty good deals for a local place. I think I paid $175 each (++mounting and balancing) this in early spring of this year. Came out to $400 for the rear. These are sticky sticky tires.

Look into getting the Yokohama AS 430 tires which are still available for the the SHP front and rear suggested tire sizes.

I've been running them for the past 250K+ miles and I'm getting 60 to 70K miles out of 'em. They give you good traction out of the hole; great traction around curves at high speeds on twisty roads and damn good longivity considering that they are "V" rated.

The only down side to them is their somewhat above average road noise at interstate speeds. But I can put up with that, considering their cost, low tire wear and performance. :)

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Anyone running a 225/45/16 on the front? just wondering

I prefer it over the 225/50 stocker which is actually taller than the 245/45 rear if you work the numbers (24.9" vs. 24.7") :rolleyes:

Can't remember if I currently have 225/45's or 215/50's on my Enkei fronts....but you'll be fine with either.

Edited by jonboyb

I went through the same thing and wanted to have matching tires for the front and rear SHP's. I picked up the front 225/50/16 Fuzion ZRI's a couple of years ago since the that was the only reasonable street tire that I could match in the 245/45/16 rear. I don't have many miles on the fronts and I just picked up the rears a week ago. So far I am very happy with them and I think the rears hook up very well. The one thing I don't like about the rears is that it looks slightly stretched on the rim. Here is a pic to check them out.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10060/Fuzion1.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10060/Fuzion2.jpg

Edited by Jason