compressor surge

Maddman200

my 89 conquest breaks up real bad around 9 pounds of boost and looses all power and the turbo shutters and surges, does this car come stock with a blow off valve or anything? im afraid the turbine shaft in the turbo is going to snap plus the vaccum lines are all messed up? motor runs great and the head gasket looks like it was just done befor i bought this baby?

Monroe, NY? Am I reading that correct?

This wouldn't happen to be a blue car with a flat hood?

EDIT: I sent you a PM, hit me back, I can help you out.

Edited by dmyers151

There is no stock blow off valve on these cars. A very common upgrade is to splice a 1g bov/pipe into the softpipe right before the over the valve cover pipe. This should eliminate compressor surge. As far as vacuum lines go, there should be a diagram under the hood for routing, but if yours has been removed you can find one here:

starquestgarage.com

what he's describeing is not compressor surge,, sounds more like a boost leak in an ic pipe or hose

two places are note'd for spliting the rubber 90 degree hose on the ic out port and the ovc pipe coupling, the 90 on the back side and the ovc hose on the bottom where you can't see them , also a clamp may look tight but under pressure they can slip back and alow air loss,, once the air is lost the air mass goes nuts and the ecu is lost so it shuts down