My Dyno Runs

I feel like were missing something here? http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

+1http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Technical difficulties. Ok i got it right this time. I wanted to hit 20psi but missed it. Im happy with what it got. Its fun to drive. Edited by badtoad

It in my sig. 20g.... I checked the tack with another one and its only about 100 to 200 off. Reset timing, re-did rocker arms, cranked down the BOV some ,it was poping befor full boost. My AFRs are at 12 to 13.1 at idle, cant get it stable at idle. 14.5 running down the road at 70mph. Re-torked everything. So other than the idle thing its a great driver and im having a blast with it.

Looks and sounds healthy. I bet it pulls nicely. I had every intention of showing up to that dyno day, but completely spaced of the day-of. Maybe I'll run into you down here in ABQ and I can check out your setup in person.

only thing he can tune is fuel, and it doesn't look very conservative.

Do you have any specs of this 20g? 260 is low. Also seems a touch laggier than it should be. My T4 spools sooner than that.

Leaky BOV will explain alot of it though.

Edited by phinko

I'm no expect but it looks like pretty good AFR under boost using a MAFT. Are the injectors stock?

I see a car that was run to 13.0 afr at wot on the 17 psi pull. Not good in my book.

you should be able to squeeze way more than 260 out of that build. are you running a conservative tune?

The turbo is good for more, but he is out of injector. All the stock size injector cars are lean @ 260hp. I could post up 3 or 4 more dynos where they all went lent at the power level. The solution is bigger injector in a near stock size ratio between the primary and secondary. And than tune accordingly.

The BOV was popping sooner that it should but not now. Lets not forget the motor was rebuilt and so was the turbo. It takes some time for the turbo to loosen up some. The rear pvc is is going in front of the turbo like it should. The car was finished 3 days befor the dyno runs. I didnt push it all that hard, i know i can get more out of it. Fuel is 40 to 42 psi,im shure 300hp is no problem but not for a few hundred more miles. The car is my DD and i drive around at 14psi and have tons of fun. When i get a few miles on her and a higher reading boost gauge ill put it on the dyno again.

Well, Im glad your takin it easy and making your steps in respectable sizes. Thats how you keep an engine together.

BTW, heed SQR's words. Thats not an N/A setup. 13afr is naughty.......

I see a car that was run to 13.0 afr at wot on the 17 psi pull. Not good in my book.

The turbo is good for more, but he is out of injector. All the stock size injector cars are lean @ 260hp. I could post up 3 or 4 more dynos where they all went lent at the power level. The solution is bigger injector in a near stock size ratio between the primary and secondary. And than tune accordingly.

I'm curious why you recommend a staggered setup? What is wrong with running two 950's? Better fuel curve with maft/ staggered? Sorry for the thread jack.

Pm me if you want to keep the thread clean SQR.

I'm curious why you recommend a staggered setup? What is wrong with running two 950's? Better fuel curve with maft/ staggered? Sorry for the thread jack.

Pm me if you want to keep the thread clean SQR.

Any one serious about tbi performance should read the first two links in my signature.

On the 87-89 cars, the secondary kicks on about 390 hz of airflow and shuts off at about 290 hz of air flow. At light acceleration the duty cycle of the primary goes from about 45% to 17% after the transition. The secondary fires at about the same duty cycle as the primary after the transition. The secondary will also kick in briefly and or stay in at lower airflow levels if you kick the gas pedal hard enough.

The math behind why the correct injector size ratio is important. Ideally we would want to know more precisely what the injectors flow at 17% and 45%. A fuel translator or afc can tune on either side of the transition point. But not at the transition point it's self, as it has no way of knowing if the car is on one or both injectors.

On the 87-89 cars when the primary reaches about 45% duty cycle under light load, the secondary kicks in and both injectors fire at about 17% duty cycle.

Stock injector size is about 580/1000

580cc at 45% = about 261cc of fuel.

580cc at 17% = 98cc + 1000 at 17% = 170 cc = 268 of fuel. The result is a seamless transition from one to both injectors.

Now lets do the same math with same size injectors.

1000 at 45% = 450 cc

1000 at 17% = 170 + 1000 at 17% = 170 =340 cc of fuel.

450cc - 24% = 340cc. Running same size injectors, your motor just went 24% leaner after the transition point on both injectors than is was on just the primary. That's almost a 2 point afr change.